Lost half BR in one month

• Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      Well... isn't exactly one month and not whole half of my BR, but it's getting there...

FL 0.5/1@FullTilt:

+ There's about 60$ loss missing at the begining...

The problem is that I'm not doing anything terribly wrong. I posted some most losing hands in hand evaluation forum and they weren't played very wrongly, I got reads on players, using stats, playing TAG... but I just don't hit. I never hit J with AJ or Q with AQ and I really can't remember when was the last time I hit a set...

Yesterday I had a position on a LAG fish who just gave away all his money to everyone except me... he caught trips and some runner runner thingies against my pf capping range and stacked me pretty nice. :s_confused:

What bothers me the most that I don't have any "winning spirit". I'm glad if I'm only 10$ down after half hour of play... :D

When I started at FT I had BR which allowed me to move to 1/2 (540$) and now I'm thinking about moving back to 0.25/050 if things don't get better soon. Luckily I made around 100$ with bonus and rakeback so I'm standing at 350$ and hoping for better times to come.

/whining :s_grin:
  • 10 replies
    • inf4my
      inf4my
      Bronze
      5,000 hands? Come on man I don't want to bash you while you're losing but do you even read the other threads on this board?

That is one day of poker for a lot of people. It means absolutely NOTHING.

FL has a lot of variance because it's harder to win NSD pots. You are running bad, it's not a big deal. Follow BRM, stick to your game, it will turn around.

You may run bad for 50,000 hands in a row, maybe more. You may have to move down limits once, or even twice. ANYTHING can happen. Hell, tomorrow you might go on the biggest heater of your life and recover the entire thing in one session. You just never know.

Stop worrying about the results and just get your money in good.
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      What bothers me the most that I don't have any "winning spirit". I'm glad if I'm only 10$ down after half hour of play...

I got the same feeling since last week. So I switched a format, learning SnG now, trying to forget all this crap I had spilled on my head lately :f_confused:

Best of luck, you will recover, but taking a break is never a mistake.
    • Kneggelol
      Kneggelol
      Bronze
      i lost 5/6 of my roll in like 3 days .. thats normal :D
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      Hey inf4my... I know 5000 hands is not much, but timespan is quite wide and that's why I'm frustrated. As you can see, I've had a lot of breaks and really not much playing days.

One day of poker for one? Of course, but for me it's one month of poker and I'm obviously looking from my point of view. Losing 1.000.000,00$ in one hour can also be just a part of everyday poker for some, but that's not really my concern. :D

Anyway, thanks for all the good wishes everyone. Downswing threads are for whiners anyway and I just want to share a bit of my poker life with fellow martyrs to read some uplifting thoughts :P

Kneggelol, auch. :s_o:
    • inf4my
      inf4my
      Bronze
      Timespan in poker is irrelevant. Imagine if someone played 5 hands per month, and then came here and said "OMG I'VE BEEN LOSING FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR WHAT A HUGE DOWNSWING"

Not even considering that it's only 60 hands total.

If you are the type of player that plays 5k hands per month, you are going to have to accept the fact that you may lose for 8 months in a row quite often.

If I didn't have time to play at least 30k hands per month, I wouldn't even bother because the variance would take too long to even out and it wouldn't be worth the effort.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Originally posted by Kneggelol
      no :)
    • monkey0nfire
      monkey0nfire
      Bronze
      just remember tho not to get your ego in the way, and move down the limits when ur BR gets too low.. it may hurt coz uve bn playing good poker, just variance isnt gng ur way..like always if u continue to get it in with the goods itll turn around.

But decreasing the limits u play isnt a sign of ur bad play..but a cap on how much u lose!!!! remember that!!! You can climb back up the limits in no time.
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kruppe
      Originally posted by Kneggelol
      no :)
      +1

There's a problem somewhere and if I lose like $450 of my $500 roll in 3 days ($150 per day OMG!! 70 bi per day!) I am sure it would be tilt.
    • enemaze
      enemaze
      Bronze
      There's a lot of variance in FL SH,just keep playing solid poker and you'll make it in the green. i had a session where is was 120 BBs down and managed to finish the day +20 BB, so dont give up just yet. BTW, i started playing 0.5/1 SH at FTP a couple of days ago, maybe that's why you're losing ;)

BTW the recommended BR for FL SH is 500 BBs, are you sure you're following BRM?
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      Originally posted by inf4my
      If you are the type of player that plays 5k hands per month, you are going to have to accept the fact that you may lose for 8 months in a row quite often.
      I can't entirely agree with you. It's true that variance means less on bigger samples, but with every table more the quality is falling. It depends on the player what will the price for multitabling be, but there will be. So by playing less tables, "variance" may also not struck you so hard, because you might notice some edge moments, that might save you a buck or two. However, I normally play 15.000 - 20.000 hands per month, and at the moment it's ok.

enemaze: started with 540$. ;) Hmmm, you have a different nickname there, huh? Haven't seen you among the regulars... :)

Anyway, thanks for the good wishes everyone. I recuperated from my losses and I'm 14$+ since I started at FTP. Still have a lot of work though, but at the moment I feel quite happy to feel what a winning days looks like. :)