[NL2-NL10] KKnl10fr

• h50n
      h50n
      Bronze
      how could I have played this better. i didnt think he could have had a spade draw since i did a reraise, i thought hehad some sort of overpair like TT+ and so i went alll in, luckily i caught the k on the turn.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $9.70
      CO:
      $13.85

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:spade: , K:diamond:
      4 folds, CO raises to $0.40, BU folds, Hero raises to $1.40, BB folds, CO calls $1.00.

Flop: ($2.90) 9:spade: , 8:spade: , 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, CO raises to $5.00, Hero raises to $8.30 (All-In), CO calls $3.30.

Turn: ($19.50) K:heart:
      River: ($19.50) 8:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $19.50

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, kings full of eights (Ks Kd)
      CO shows a full-house, sixes full of eights (6d 6s)

Hero wins with a full-house, kings full of eights (Ks Kd)
  • 2 replies
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      I think you played it fine. I certainly can't think of any other way.

TT, JJ, QQ are all in range.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

It's fine, you have an overpair in a 3bet pot against a fellow tag. It's one of those spots where you're never really happy to get it in since 99/88 are very well in their preflop range, so are 77-66 but more rarely. But there is already so much money in the pot that you're forced to go broke if there is a possibility that you're ahead, which there is always is.

If you're in their shoes with TT-QQ you aren't really comfortable just calling the flop on such an ugly texture, so you'll see tags jam those hands in that spot as well, tho some will call the flop bet in position and figure they're beat if you jam the turn.

Not that important at nl10 but it's also very exploitable to lay down hands as strong as KK in that spot, just imagine how easy it would be for people to just call with trash and jam ugly flops on you if you can even pitch AA there.

Hope it helps.