$50.00
      BB:
      $9.00
      UTG1:
      $6.00
      UTG2:
      $55.60

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A, A.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $1.75, Hero raises to $5.00, 6 folds, UTG2 calls $3.25.

Flop: ($10.75) 8, 5, 8 (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $8.00, Hero raises to $20.00, UTG2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

should i let him hang himself?
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      there could be some ugly turn and river cards, so I´d like to get all-in on the flop
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      right but the idea is that he donk bets it when:

hes got underpair
      hes got 99/tt
      hes got AK

only 1 out of the 3 above

or can you put him on something else?

the important thing is what he is putting ME on. he thinks i either have AK, in which case i might fold. or i have overpair in which case i reraise and he can fold.

so why am i raising?

could he be doing it with draws? what are the maths behind it? or generally the poker behind it?

because i obviously reraised but i am indeed questioning it.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by excelgeo
      right but the idea is that he donk bets it when:

hes got underpair
      hes got 99/tt
      hes got AK

only 1 out of the 3 above

or can you put him on something else?

the important thing is what he is putting ME on. he thinks i either have AK, in which case i might fold. or i have overpair in which case i reraise and he can fold.

so why am i raising?

could he be doing it with draws? what are the maths behind it? or generally the poker behind it?

because i obviously reraised but i am indeed questioning it.
      I think he has there often enough either draw, which he might bet/shove thinking you can make there some kind of move, overpair that he´d bet for value and then evaluate if you raises deciding if you´re bluffing there or not and sometimes bluff.
      Since you can´t really put him only on underpair/99/TT/AK then I think raising is better on the flop, since that could also induce shove from one pair hands or draws.
      If you just call then I don´t think you can get away your hand if turn is 3-flush card or 9/4 and he hit his oesd.
      Imo too many bad cards could come that you should raise flop to protect your hand and also maybe induce shove from worse hands
      If board was 442r then likely flatting is better than raising, but here I think board is too drawy to just flat.