This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl2 - BB play

• Flipzors
      Flipzors
      Bronze
      MP2: $4.51 (x)
      Hero: $0.37 (x)
      MP1: $1 (x)
      MP3: $2.51 (x)
      BU: $1.66 (x)
      CO: $2.27 (x)
      SB: $0.50 (x)

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2s, Kc. MP1 posts a blind of $0.02.
      MP1 checks, 3 folds, BU calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.08) Ts, 2h, 8c (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.08) 2d (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.02, MP1 calls $0.02, BU raises to $0.26, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.35 (All-In), MP1 folds, BU calls $0.09.

River: ($0.80) 7h

Final Pot: $0.80

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows [ 2s, Kc ] three of a kind, Twos
      BU shows [ 2c, 7d ] a full house, Twos full of Sevens
      BU wins $0.76 USD with a full house, Twos full of Sevens.

I think my initial turn bet is a bit weak, however I thought I'd be able to get more people calling (25% pot size; maybe 50% or 66% would have been better).
  • 4 replies
    • Kokaroc
      Kokaroc
      Bronze
      You should bet potsize turn, sou you can shove river if you get only called, otherwise when reraised go AI turn.
      In M-way pot you don't want 3 people call your limp, but 1 to call your raise or reraise you... That would be the standard play, however people on NL2 are capable of anything. The brain is excluded from poker on NL2 :D
      Also you shouldn't post results as it may influence the judgement.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Bronze
      definitely bet a bigger turn as they are calling stations in NL2 and you want to get paid
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      put in a pot size bet on the turn. Theres so many people left in the hand, theres a good chance you'll get called here even with the big bet.

You want to find a way to go all in in this spot. $0.02 just won't generate enough of a pot to shove the river.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      First of all please convert it into a proper format. More information can be found here and it is much appreciated :) !
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-hand-evaluations/

Now then about your hand:
      I would bet the Pot on the Turn first of all. Why? Because you want to get as much value as possible, a minbet does not give you as much value ($0.06 differnce)

then if someone raises, ofcourse you go all-in with Trips so well played :f_grin:

- Gerv