[NL2-NL10] AQ TPTK with double stack

• WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      I tanked before putting in the call. The only reason I called is that I had so few hands on him and he looked so fishy - he's 59/0 after 33 hands, and even though it's way too small to really use, he has an AF on the river of 3 which is higher than his other streets..
      Ummm, I guess I really thought he had Ax two pair..
      I probably should have folded?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.5/$1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $181.45
      UTG2:
      $7.95
      MP1(Hero):
      $37.50
      MP2:
      $13.00
      MP3:
      $218.60
      CO:
      $78.40
      BU:
      $100.00
      SB:
      $120.45

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q, A.
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $3.50, 4 folds, SB calls $3.00, BB folds.

Flop: ($8) A, 3, 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $2.00, Hero raises to $6.00, SB calls $4.00.

Turn: ($20) 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $10.00, Hero calls $10.00.

River: ($40) 6 (2 players)
      SB bets $18.00, Hero calls $18.00(All-In).

Final Pot: $76.
  • 8 replies
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      :) even with double stack i would push flop to protect and to scare him if he is a fish...
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      its hard to read guys like this. unfortunately fish also get dealth AA and KK etc so its good to be cautious. because of the range of cards he plays its more likely u are ahead here. the main question i would be asking myself while playing in this situation is if he has a tendancy to overvalue his hands and i would look for signs of that in his stats.
      normally, i think, i would fold the turn here against a solid player but against a fish i think i would also go broke.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by WildBeans
      he has an AF on the river of 3 which is higher than his other streets..
      Please use AFq in this case. AF is invalid with 33 hands, 59/0 can be used withinn your decisionmaking! :)

I would raise big on the Flop to at least $8

I do think there are flushdraws out there but i still jam Turn depending on his WTSD. jamming turn is easier when u raised big flop ;)

- Gerv
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      hmmm, I don't raise to 8 on the flop because I will always raise a min donk bet to a normal size (around 75% pot), for example if I have KQ and with that same flop, because so often the min bet is a feeler bet with a medium hand, and the villain folds. If I raise to around the same each time then i can make those bluffs and still find a fold if I'm caught out. I don't want to play differently with a made hand though, as I might get exploited (although against such a fish it probably wouldn't be noticed)
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      Originally posted by WildBeans
      hmmm, I don't raise to 8 on the flop because I will always raise a min donk bet to a normal size (around 75% pot), for example if I have KQ and with that same flop, because so often the min bet is a feeler bet with a medium hand, and the villain folds. If I raise to around the same each time then i can make those bluffs and still find a fold if I'm caught out. I don't want to play differently with a made hand though, as I might get exploited (although against such a fish it probably wouldn't be noticed)
      and you would fire a 2. barrel if he repeats call and repeats on the turn?
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      In this case I would do the same, in general it depends what I have..
    • tehChipDonk
      tehChipDonk
      Bronze
      is folding pre fine here?
    • tigerK
      tigerK
      Bronze
      flop: cold call.
      turn: if he checks, you bet 2/3pot.
      if he bets, you 3bet.
      river: check/fold.

If he check/raise turn or shove your 3bet turn, fold.