This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl100 78 TPWK freeplay

• WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      I decided to bet just to define my hand. I wasn't going to just give up a random turn card. But the donk bet on the river was too strong. However, his aggression factor makes me reconsider. For the various streets, he is 1.8/2.3/4.4 - so in a sense the sudden bet on the river fits in with how he had been playing hands.. (4k hands by the way and he's 30/13)
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.5/$1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $47.40
      SB:
      $102.00
      BB(Hero):
      $21.50
      UTG2:
      $100.00
      MP1:
      $21.15
      MP2:
      $22.50
      MP3:
      $109.50
      CO:
      $102.30

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8, 7.
      5 folds, BU calls $1.00, SB calls $0.50, Hero checks.

Flop: ($3) 7, 2, 2 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.50, BU folds, SB calls $2.50.

Turn: ($8) Q (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $4.00, SB calls $4.00.

River: ($16) 3 (2 players)
      SB bets $16.00, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $16.
  • 4 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      He might have the flush here, but I also think he could bet R with 33-66 or a complete bluff given his fishy vpip+River AF. Is his WTS also very high?

I'd probably bet more on Turn for protection/value and call his bet on the river, and note down his move.
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      looking at his agression factors and considering his weak check on flop and turn, he is definitely drawing. easy to say in hindsight but a pot bet on the turn would be likely to take the pot.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      The amount of hands he is continueing with on the River he is raising/betting them most of the time. That way I easily give it up on the River

but why 50% turnbet ? If you know he is drawing, why dont you bet more? I bet like $6.5 there.

Once again AF is a statistic that has to be used in conjunction with other stats/context

- Gerv
    • tigerK
      tigerK
      Bronze
      The only mistake is your bet turn. It looks very very weak, just like you were yelling to him "I have the 7 with a bad kicker i'm hesitating between protection and pot control". Bet 2/3pot for value turn.

At the river, it is a check/fold on any card except a 7. Especially when the draw is realised though.