SNG working up the limits

• Sale1337
      Sale1337
      Bronze
      Hey!
      Am a guy from Slovenia, which played poker for like 7months now. First some SSS, than BSS, than SH and now SnG. Have ability to16 table quite alot (was playing games before poker, SSS got boring), I think I am quite good at understanding ICM and am using sngwiz as often as I can. I decided to give it a try, trying to beat ALL limits up to 100$ buyin. Atm I have 706$ in my FT account, and will start with 2$ sng. The minimum criteri is to win 50BI of each level, later on I will be using around 40'60BI rule, don't know yet. Hopefully, when I finish this, I will do the same with SH cash. I will be playing 16tabs of 2$ turbos on FT, than 5$ normal and than 6$ turbos. Will go kinda slow I guess, but am decided topull this one off.

BR:706 $
      stake: 2$ turbos STT
      site:FTP
      aim, when to move up:806$

Cya
  • 26 replies
    • Sale1337
      Sale1337
      Bronze
      Played 2 sets of 16.
      My BR:736 $
      still missing to move up: 70 $
    • PsychoFin
      PsychoFin
      Bronze
      Sounds like you have a solid plan here man!

Keep it up!

Cheers,
      Fin
    • Sale1337
      Sale1337
      Bronze
      Another set of 16 sng, I didn't cash in first 10 of those, than somehow managed to won 2 and place second. Huh TONS of bad beats, but nothing too scary, was tilting abit :P

BR:730 $
      Missing: 76 $
    • Sale1337
      Sale1337
      Bronze
      Hey!
      played another session today, which worked out rly rly well.

BR:754 $
      Missing: 52 $
    • Swire
      Swire
      Bronze
      Hi i was just wondering what sort of sng's do you play atm? And are you sticking tight to the SHC?
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      hi there! im playing SnGs on FTP as well. definitely try and avoid you. what is your screen name?

i think your BRM is too nitty. you can move up with 100BI you are definitely rolled for the $6.50 Turbos and the skill level between the 2s - 6s is basically the same.

good luck :) ill be keeping an eye on your blog
    • Sale1337
      Sale1337
      Bronze
      Hey there!
      First of all, my screen name on FT is same as here, Sale1337, I know that I am rolled for 6,5T, heck I am rolled for 11 $ turbos. The point is, I am trying to prove myself, that I can do it, rly want to see, how far up the ladder I can come. x)
      I am playing 2$ turbos, I don't know the SHC anymore lol, am playing more by the feeling )which I got after wathing a ton of sng vids here and on stoxpoker lol+ collin Moshman Sng book helped me too). Y can't rly use SHC while 16 tabbing, heck I hardly drink anything during playing :P

Oh and played another session, which was looking terrible TBH, busted out like 10 sng in a row, but managed to win some :) Proud of not tilting at all :)

Conclusion: 2 $ SNG are surely beateble, you will kill them with knowing some ICM play, general play in SNG. Multitabbing HIGLY ADVISABLE otherwise, you will just get sick of bad beats lol :f_biggrin:

BR: 748 $
      Missing: 58 $
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Hello guy from Slovenia!

I think you shouldn't think only of $$$. You should mainly concentrate on your game and not just monetary goals. Especially if you're playing turbos. We all hate studying but without it we can't improve as fast as we want. Best wishes man!

Salute from Slovenian guy :D
    • Sale1337
      Sale1337
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian
      Hello guy from Slovenia!

I think you shouldn't think only of $$$. You should mainly concentrate on your game and not just monetary goals. Especially if you're playing turbos. We all hate studying but without it we can't improve as fast as we want. Best wishes man!

Salute from Slovenian guy :D
      TBH, do you have to study for 2 $ turbos. I will deffinetly check the strategy articles again when I move on to 6 $ turbos, but for now is just pure grindage, and putting in as many games as possible... You can't rly assign ranges to anyone here on 2 $ buyin, people are open shoving 20BB with A2of. So to make post short, I will study, but later on, starting when i reach 6 $ buyin.

Take care
    • Sale1337
      Sale1337
      Bronze
      OMG super scary session is behind me, thx god. As usual I was playing 16 tables, everything went well, untill I was on the bublle on like 10 tables. It was rly rly hard to concentrate, and play my A game, was funny watching, how I always lost a final flip, taking like 5 second places 1 thrid, and 0first ones.

BR:762
      Needed to move up: 44
    • Sale1337
      Sale1337
      Bronze
      little update, played another set, down like 3BI, nothing major rly. Oh and I scoped last week top SNG players at 2$ sng, and founbd out I am 5th on that leaderboard, which is considering I played only for 2 days kinda achievement lol. Going to holidays now, will be back on Sunday.

BR: 756 $
      Missing to move up: 50 $
    • Falek86
      Falek86
      Bronze
      first of all gl with sngs. they are swingy as hell.

even tho they are swingy, you should move up to the 6.5. just because of the rake. it is only 8% rake on 6.5 but more than 10% on the 2.25 sngs.
      the fishes are the same on 6.5. they play equaly bad and there are always 4-5 fishes on table. the difference to the 2.25 is that the regs are better. but most of them have ton of leaks in bubble play.

i am currently playing the 6.5 sngs. so i should rather say, stick to 2.25 till you reach your goal. :P
      in my opinion it is just waist of time with your br. you should move up.
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Hey Sale,

I'm not really sure quite how I missed this blog since it's from a fellow country-man (must be due to my enforced inactivity :\ ), but after reading through it I really wanted to add an argument. While the 2$ SnGs aren't really hard to beat (or shouldn't be) the reason why u should go over the articles is to make sure u don't form any bad habits. Mistakes can come very thick and fast in SnGs and it's important to be on top of ur game and to me it doesn't matter if it's the 2$ SnGs or 100$ SnGs. The fewer mistakes I make in any game, the better my overall quality of the game, the sooner I can realize my goals, the better I feel about poker ... etc :)

I hope u'll find the desire to read and study those articles, they should really help u improve ur game in the long run. I'll be keeping an eye out on how things go for u :) Could do with a few more good Slovenian players out there :D

LP!
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hey Sale,

Originally posted by Atoks
      ... the reason why u should go over the articles is to make sure u don't form any bad habits. Mistakes can come very thick and fast in SnGs and it's important to be on top of ur game and to me it doesn't matter if it's the 2$ SnGs or 100$ SnGs.

This is very important. Also posting hands and discussing them helps a lot to crush the limits.

Anyway I wish you a nice holiday and

good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Sale1337
      Sale1337
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Falek86
      first of all gl with sngs. they are swingy as hell.

even tho they are swingy, you should move up to the 6.5. just because of the rake. it is only 8% rake on 6.5 but more than 10% on the 2.25 sngs.
      the fishes are the same on 6.5. they play equaly bad and there are always 4-5 fishes on table. the difference to the 2.25 is that the regs are better. but most of them have ton of leaks in bubble play.

i am currently playing the 6.5 sngs. so i should rather say, stick to 2.25 till you reach your goal. :P
      in my opinion it is just waist of time with your br. you should move up.
      Ok, I am kinda money oriented guy, but this time, I decided to just show myself I can do this. I know, 6,5$ aren't hard, and that fishes are the same. Well I played some ICM while I was away from internet, and I actually found myself talking with ICM pokerstartegy program, the decisions, that were strange. Anyway, was achieving around 92% ICM correct answers with 120 decisions in a minute. although there were certain spots, where I think that the answers were kinda questional, I think that this is the biggest leak in PS ICM program, that y can't adjust calling ranges. Psuhing K9s with 5 players left and 800 chips, is insanity in my opinion.

Take Care
      sale1337
    • Sale1337
      Sale1337
      Bronze
      ok so I got the Rb, and played another set of Sng's with TNFT, kinda hard, still getting used to it :)

BR:783 $
      Missing: 23 $
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      TNFT is awesome! once you set it up and get used to it you will find it so easy to use.
    • Sale1337
      Sale1337
      Bronze
      y playing cascade or tilled tables?
      I was thinking of swithich on to cascade, bcs I think is easier to use---
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      i tile on dual monitors. i like seeing all the action.