Have you ever heard about hand predictions?

• Phovos666
      Phovos666
      Bronze
      Hi everybody,

I am from greece and I read in a greek poker - forum this incident from a platinum member.
      He say " I was playing in NL Holdem, after a while I was left with one player who wrote in the chat that you will lose in the 24th game... he then start to number the games, 1,2,3,... when we reach the 24, I had AK I raise and he asked me to all-in... when I called him he wrote your AK will lose my 88, the flop came 3,9,A and the river was 8!!!"

I don't know if this is real so I post it to see If anyone has experienced a same situation with this dude.

Phovos666
  • 13 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hmm there could be many reason "how" he did that.

At which site did you played these hands? If it was a "big" he just told some crap and got lucky with his guesses.
      The smallest pokersites can be "rigged" (I never heard about it but everything is possible)

If he can see your hand if you can an all-in its nothing special.. even I told my opponent that they lose with a hand that is in front of me and I rivered him. If he tells you 10+ times the same thing and only is one time right he just guess it and got lucky thias time.

Pretty confusing english.. sry for that :/
    • Phovos666
      Phovos666
      Bronze
      I check back to the forum and he didn't say at which site did this happen...

To tell you the truth I didn't belevie him at first place, but it makes me curious if someone else experienced sush an accurate prediction...

Anyway, thanks for the answer keep the good work up!!!
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Alright than and thank you. :)

Btw as long as you play on the top 10 sites I think its impossible what your friend told you as long as there is no trojan on his PC. They earn to much money to risk to have such a bad security system. And PartyPoker has the best system as far as I know. (to good from time to time ^^)
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Especially a company like PartyPoker who is listed at the stock exchange market will never risk such a thing since they are a company always looking for the "risk free" way. Like they did with the US when they banned US players within a very short time frame...
    • willfox
      willfox
      Bronze
      There is a programme out there that works out the random numbers of which all poker sites are made up of .. and over time using this programme works out what the flop turn and river will be pre flop ... so you will know if your hand is strong pre flop .. it doesn't know what your opponent has or if your hand is the nuts .. but if you have a pair of 8's it will tell you if a 8 will hit on the board... its not always accurate but it needs lots of hands to be able to start predicting .. I think it's 5000 to 10000 and it needs manual imputing so its not easy and takes alot of time to give it the memory it needs to predict ... I haven't used it but know all about it ... I believe that poker should be based and played on ability...

But anything that involves programming and random number generating is open to corruption .. all computing gaming machines use this random number generating .. so it doesn't take a genius to work out that it not that random after all ..

poker sites are aware of this an update the random number generating weekly
      but this programme can adjust to the new randomness ..

hope this makes sense ...
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      Yes, it makes perfect sense. It's a scam.
    • Pacer357
      Pacer357
      Bronze
      There was a crew who broke the random generator of a site in the beginning of internet poker but today most sites use a generator that is based on a radioactive isotope breakdown and there is no way you can predict that.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      .. so it doesn't take a genius to work out that it not that random after all ..
      In fact, of all the vulnerabilities of online-poker, the one least likely to be used by potential cheats is that of anticipating the sequence of pseudo-random numbers used for "shuffling decks". The computational power required to do this is immense. A determined cheat would be able to find a far weaker link in security than the RNG. Such programmes as WillFox alludes to are pure flights of fancy IMO.
    • willfox
      willfox
      Bronze
      Well as I said ... I've never used it .. so whether its possible ?? I'll never know..

Maybe someone that has used a RNG can tell us ??

Radioactive isotopes sound exciting though :) Sound like something that NASA would have researched :)
    • Pacer357
      Pacer357
      Bronze
      If one could make a program that would read the RNG he would certainly be proficient enough to make it read hand histories so why would he have to print it manually? I think the RNG used is developed at caltech.
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      One site used a terrible shuffling algorithm and published it in order to show how secure it was. Other than that, I'm not aware of any breaks in the shuffling itself, writing a theoretically unbreakable shuffler is really easy. If real pattern mappers existed we'd know by all the 200+ bb/100 winners anyway :P
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      The RNG is not brakable at least on the big sites.

Btw yes there are programms who can say you wheter or not there will be an 8 on the board if you have 88. Thats easy

Here we go:

2/50+2/49+2/48 = x = chance there is a 8 while you hold two of them. (should be around 11%) But thats nothing awesome. ^^
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Even if you were able to borrow a government super-computer for a few hours and were able to crack the RNG you would still not be able to take advantage of the fact. Poker sites are surely going to alter the general chacteristic of their RNG functions often enough to render any attempt to break the RNG a waste of time.