poker rooms

• 10 replies
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      Why would you not trust the sites that have security to protect you from frauds and scams? These ID checks are for your own protection. I wouldn't trust a site that doesn't do some kind of check.
    • shaungoh19
      shaungoh19
      Basic
      you are not answering my question or rather do you understand my question?
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hello shaungoh19,

Welcome to PokerStrategy and the Forums!

The id check at PokerStrategy is random and doesnt depend on what site you pick. More information about it can be found here --> http://www.pokerstrategy.com/idcheck/

Most poker sites do not require id on sign up, only when you withdraw and sometimes when you deposit.

Good luck and best regards,

-Jack
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      I think PS should explain more how they make money off of giving us free money because a lot of people are really wary of scams online. Shaungoh you should think of the tell a friend programs that most poker sites have, even if you tell only 1 person and they sign up you earn somewhere near $100 just for that 1 person for getting them to play on that site. PokerStrategy is like a huge tell a friend program and with over 2,000,000 users you can see how they can make a lot of money with this even giving away $50 for free. Bottom line, its legitimate. Just take a photo of your drivers license, upload it to your computer and black out all the info except the stuff they ask for. What are they going to do with your name and address etc? Anyone can find that out about you in a phone book.
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      Originally posted by shaungoh19
      you are not answering my question or rather do you understand my question?
      Hi shaungoh.

No I didn't understand your question. I didn't realize you talking about the ID check from pokerstrategy. They don't ask for any sensitive data, the check is just to insure there aren't people signing up for multiple accounts to get more than one starting Capitol. Don't worry pokerstrategy is a great community and definitely not a scam. Good luck

Cheers
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by THeGaME23
      I think PS should explain more how they make money off of giving us free money because a lot of people are really wary of scams online.
      The business model is freely available to all members/potential members :)

Best regards,

Bart
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      Originally posted by THeGaME23
      I think PS should explain more how they make money off of giving us free money because a lot of people are really wary of scams online.
      The business model is freely available to all members/potential members :)

Best regards,

Bart
      Thanks for the link :) . I think I phrased it wrong though, I think PS should let players who are new to the site know this so there is no suspicion.
    • shaungoh19
      shaungoh19
      Basic
      i mean it isn't fair. my friend doesn't need an id check and he got his starting capital but why do i need?
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      i mean it isn't fair. my friend doesn't need an id check and he got his starting capital but why do i need?
      Hello shaungoh,

The id check is absolutely random. PokerStrategy doesnt have the time to id check everyone. If they did this means it could take weeks for your capital to get to you. But it id checks a large amount of people. This is to stop people from multiaccount, receiving the capital in countries were it is not allowed and also people who put in fake details. You id is held with 100% confidentiality and will probably be deleted from the system after it has been checked.

More information can be found here --> http://www.pokerstrategy.com/idcheck/

Good luck and best regards,

-Jack
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      Nobody is forcing you to do an ID check, just bad luck that you were selected. Don't see what you are worried about, you can black out any private information anyway.