[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - QQ Overpair vs. tight player

• Gamer135
      Gamer135
      Bronze
      I've played with this villain several times before, but I never noticed unusual about him except that he plays at least 6 tables (which I presume makes him tighter than most).

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($14.09)
      UTG+1 ($17.30)
      CO ($16.25)
      Hero ($9.70)
      SB ($19.71)
      BB ($5.25)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is BTN Q:heart: Q:spade:
      1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.35, CO calls $0.35, Hero raises to $1, 2 folds, UTG+1 raises to $3.15, CO folds, Hero calls $2.15

Flop: J:diamond: 7:diamond: 10:heart: ($6.80, 2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $6.80, Hero ????

I don't recall ever seeing him 3-bet preflop and shove the flop like this. Then again, I may have been tilting slightly (lost a buyin with AA vs. KK a few hands before).

My gut says AA, KK, slim possibility of A:diamond: K:diamond: , slimmer chance of QQ (never seen him 3-bet preflop with anything less). Am I right in folding here?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Well it's very hard for him to shove anything other than QQ+ in that spot, but at the same time if you don't plan on stacking off on non Axy Kxy flops, you don't really have a reason to continue to a 4bet with QQ by flat-calling it, especially against a tight player who's multitabling. They usually won't have the guts nor the time to 4bet anything less than QQ+/AK even if your play looks like a squeeze.

Fold to the 4bet imo.

Hope it helps.