This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - QQ Overpair vs. tight player

• Gamer135
      Gamer135
      Bronze
      I've played with this villain several times before, but I never noticed unusual about him except that he plays at least 6 tables (which I presume makes him tighter than most).

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($14.09)
      UTG+1 ($17.30)
      CO ($16.25)
      Hero ($9.70)
      SB ($19.71)
      BB ($5.25)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is BTN Q:heart: Q:spade:
      1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.35, CO calls $0.35, Hero raises to $1, 2 folds, UTG+1 raises to $3.15, CO folds, Hero calls $2.15

Flop: J:diamond: 7:diamond: 10:heart: ($6.80, 2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $6.80, Hero ????

I don't recall ever seeing him 3-bet preflop and shove the flop like this. Then again, I may have been tilting slightly (lost a buyin with AA vs. KK a few hands before).

My gut says AA, KK, slim possibility of A:diamond: K:diamond: , slimmer chance of QQ (never seen him 3-bet preflop with anything less). Am I right in folding here?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Well it's very hard for him to shove anything other than QQ+ in that spot, but at the same time if you don't plan on stacking off on non Axy Kxy flops, you don't really have a reason to continue to a 4bet with QQ by flat-calling it, especially against a tight player who's multitabling. They usually won't have the guts nor the time to 4bet anything less than QQ+/AK even if your play looks like a squeeze.

Fold to the 4bet imo.

Hope it helps.