[NL2-NL10] Nl2 99

• Oly0909
      Known players:

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with 9:heart: , 9:spade: . CO posts a blind of $0,01.
      BB posted big blind of just $0,01 and is all-in.
      Hero raises to $0,10, 3 folds, CO calls $0,08, 2 folds, BB calls $0,08.

Flop: ($0,32) 4:spade: , Q:spade: , 9:diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,32, CO folds, BB calls $0,32.

Turn: ($0,96) 2:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,80, BB calls $0,78 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($2,52) K:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $2,52

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, nines (9h 9s)
      BB shows a straight, king high (Jd Tc)

BB wins with a straight, king high (Jd Tc)

I hate sets!!!
      Preflop: As coach said in earlyer posts, I'm raising this even from early position.
      Flop: I'm not shore if he's on 2 spades or JT so I'm potting and hoping he'll fold.
      Turn: Can't believe it's a blank. I'm betting the rest of his stack and again, hoping he'll fold.
      River: Now I know he was on JT, I don't even have to look at his cards :-)

I know.. variance.. just want to check if this is OK or I should bet less (like 3/4) on this flop?
  • 4 replies
    • Dragar
      Wait what.. hoping he will fold?

You never want villain to fold here...

The bets are fine, board is drawy.. get it in as quick as you can.
    • michaelqian
      lol...can't believe you said you want villain to fold. why?

You need to get it all in, you are way ahead of his range, most of the time the pot is yours.

Remember you not going to get paid by people folding, you are getting paid by people putting their stack in the middle.
    • MaestroOfZerg

I like your flop pot bet, it's very drawy there are tons of worse hands that can call you, plus it allows you to jam the turn for less than a potsize bet against his smallish stack, which is perfect.

As the others said tho, you really want him to call with those worse hands, that's how you make money, with people chasing draws against the odds or clinging to medium made hands that are obviously beat. If you're always hoping he'll call with better hands and fold worse hands there is something seriously wrong with your poker logic and you need to rethink that.

You did everything right, he put a ton of money in the pot as a huge underdog as you expected him to, and then he sucked out. Life is unfair, but you have to believe that long-term you'll make money at the end of the pot, because if you don't and you begin to think that you'll just get sucked out on every time anyway, you'll start playing worse because of this bad mindset.

Hope it helps.
    • Oly0909
      Sorry, I thought you'll see sarcasm, I asked should I bet less. If I realy want them to fold my question would be should I bet more.
      It's just last 2-3 weeks I didn't stack anyone with my set, and I had lot of them. Every time either they fold or I get rivered like this. They are calling against all odds end they are hiting every time against me. I know that lately I am in bad mindset when I flop a set and thats the main reason I'm posting this hand. I don't want to start playing wrong because of this, and because I'm beginer (cca 10.000 hands played) it could happen very easyly.
      So I appreciate all of you telling me that my thinking is bad. I'll change my thinking when they again start missing their draws. My real question was about my play, and I'm satisfied with that answer too, so I just want to thank you all.