This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Playing back a SH reg using stats

• cryoburn
      cryoburn
      Bronze
      I play SH with a reg (+1k hands) with a very low Flop Cbet% (35%) and high Turn Cbet% (63%) and River Cbet% is 67%.
      I definetly give credit to his Flop Cbets. And I only continue with a very good made hand or with a good draw to the nuts because with his betting % (2nd and 3rd barreling) on later streets i know i'm going to get it in by the river if i make my draw.
      (I don't think he really pays too much attention to the other players since i keep 3B light IP, 4B to his light SQ (14%), and 5B light when he 4B my SQ).

His stats:
      VP 22 PF 20 3B 6.5 SQ 14% CC 3.5% AF 4.1
      Flop Cbet 35% FvFlop Cbet 57% CvFlop Cbet 0% RvFlop Cbet 43%
      Turn Cbet 63%
      River Cbet 67%
      (other stats just ask me)

But my questions are:

What hand should i continue on the flop when he Cbets flop?

What if he raises PF, checks flop and bets turn?
      What should I consider in that case?
      Does it mean just a high 2nd barrel % or should i give him less credit when he checks the flop and bets turn? Would TPTK be good here? Should I fold if he bets on a scare card or should a raise it? (always having in mind is PFR range)
      Any other advice?

Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      An easy way to solve this is to never and i mean never check back the flop, if he is in position then why are you playing oop. I think oop you have to play ABC poker you will never make anymoney oop.
    • cryoburn
      cryoburn
      Bronze
      Although I did precisely that in those situations (which I noticed after reviewing some of the hands) I wasn't quite aware I was doing it. And thanks, I'm glad for your reply because it made me realise of such an easy solution. :f_grin:
      And I think I never played against him cold calling OOP. I usually don't play OOP unless I 3B in the blinds and the PF raiser ends up calling.

Btw, in this last situation I should try to play ABC poker? I'm asking that because I notice that a lot of fishier or LAG players tend to call a 3B IP with a small to medium pair. And therefore would barreling work on some proper boards? e.g. with an A, K or Q on the board.