This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Playing in only Rebuy MTTs?

• KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Do we have a much larger edge in these events because at these stakes there are a ton of idiots who will continue to buy chips and play like morons AND the fact that I will have the edge in the early phases when I am playing against those fish who get lucky and pick up double or triple stacks? All my successes have come from Rebuy or 1Rebuy events I rarely make it far in other kinds of MTTs, though its a small sample should I continue in this fashion? OR is it better that I start playing other types of MTTs?

I have been playing mostly in low stakes rebuy MTTs the lowest one I play is a 3.30 Rebuy only because it is a GTD other wise I stick to the $5.50 & $11 rebuys.... I really enjoy 1 Rebuy + 1 Addon events though :s_biggrin:
  • 6 replies
    • fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      If u buy rebuy instantly at the first hand and use addon and I think u have nmuch bigger edge
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      nvm
    • qcjunior
      qcjunior
      Bronze
      I never re-buy or add-on unless I will get atleast a 3:1 return on my investment, based on lowest pay-out.
      Fulltilt offers a 1K, 0.10$ buy in/0.50$ rebuy add on.If I double buy in, then later add on, I will have spent $1.10, with the lowest pay outs being at $2, hardly a worth while return on my investment.
      Pokerstars offers a 40K,$3.30 buy in/$3.0 rebuy add on,(usually 7K-10K ppl boosting the prize pool to 70K-80K after rebuys add ons),with lowest pay outs starting at $25<.If I get busted by a cooler early i will re-buy and only then add on if my current stack is at least 6x's my original stating stack(9K-10k).If i am only a few hundred chips or one level away from push & fold, an add on is out of the question.
      I don't see a double buy in as an advantage,I am not changing my ABC,TAG style when I play freeze outs or re buys.If the LAG fish only has 1500 chips, then I don't need 3000 chips to bust him.

you are giving up a huge edge by playing the same in a freeze out as in a rebuy.
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      I think a double buy in is a must, a single buy in is like buying into a cash game for 50BB instead of 100. You have to have the stack incase you pick up a hand. It can make a huge difference just think about it, doubling to 4000 instead of 8000, well this is only my opinion but I think there is logic to it.
    • blankcheque
      blankcheque
      Bronze
      It is definately worth the rebuy at the start, it a must. I only add on though if i am doing well in the tournament. I agree with the comments in the post above