This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 QJo on SB against MP3 min-raise

• krekeris
      krekeris
      Bronze
      So here is the hand.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2,45
      MP3:
      $9,41

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:heart: , J:club:
      3 folds, MP3 raises to $0,20, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,60, BB folds, MP3 raises to $1,00, Hero calls $0,40.

Flop: ($2,10) Q:spade: , 4:club: , J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $1,05, Hero raises to $1,45 (All-In), MP3 calls $0,40.

Turn: ($5,00) 3:heart:
      River: ($5,00) 5:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $5,00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, queens and jacks (Qh Jc)
      MP3 shows a pair of aces (As Ah)

Hero wins with two pairs, queens and jacks (Qh Jc)

MP3 was almost constantly raising the minimum pre-flop, and his stats were quite loose.

Was that correct to call after 4bet pre-flop agenst his range? How about the play after the flop?
  • 2 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi krekeris,

I suggest you stay tight at the blinds because postflop you are out of position. While it is not a major factor in SSS it does give you certain power if you are in position.

Concerning QJo as a raising hand: I think it is too weak to be played against this loose guy (which means he calls your raise often and then you often have to invest more money with a mediocre hand (Ace high beats you and stuff)

As played I fold to his 4bet because 1) You are a shortstack & 2) Your absolute handstrength is weak:
      QJo vs AK+,JJ+ = 25% equity
      QJo vs AQ+,TT+ = 27%
      QJo vs 88+,ATo+,KQ = 31%

As played, you are lucky (3% of the time) that you flop Two pair :)
      Best regards,
      Gerv
    • tigerK
      tigerK
      Bronze
      Fold preflop.

And if you wanna absolutely play this hand, please don't 3bet.