AK missed flop

• peche025

I'm completely new to Limit Poker, I usually play NL SNG's but I have set myself the challenge of learning the game. I have a question about AK, after reading a few of the strategy articles I understand that you look to cap with it preflop but how do you play it on a flop when you don't hit? I guess against a single opponent you are often infront and can cbet but against multiple callers surely you are almost always behind. Do you therefore play it as a draw to your overcards? Is this not a problem as you only hit the flop 1/3.

Any advice would be much appretiated.
  • 1 reply
    • ciRith
      Hi peche025,

FL is a lot more aggressive so you don't need to be behind with AK at all. AQ, AJ, KQ etc. can be very well in their range.

So HU you keep betting. If he stays passive you are most likely ahead so you can bet all streets if no bad cards come (he has to call with A-high so if the cards may fold him A-high you should not bet anymore).

3-way the chance being being is higher but most of the time you should at least bet the flop. Against action you continue as a weak draw and if they stay passive you can often bet the turn for a free showdown.

4-way you are very often behind and a continuationbet is rarely good (only on good boards it may be worth it). Better switch to a passive mode directly.