kAoChAn 行きます~!(go kAoChAn!)

• kAoChAn
      kAoChAn
      Bronze
      hao~!

it's 3 in the morning here in the Philippines and I'm a little cold BUT, nothing can beat my exhilaration after I was able to win some pots and bring my BR up to $8!!!

(I'm a beginner so it's a big thing...)

I learned to play poker 4 months ago...there was a company tournament (no buy in, anyone can play) and I needed the extra money so I decided to join. I taught myself how to play online (for free of course) and after my play chips reached 20k I decided that I'm ready (or so I thought)...

I have no idea I was winning against fishies, I didn't know what a donk is until last week...oh wait, I was talking about the tourney, right? I won the first round...after 2 tries...LOL :f_biggrin:

the second round was apparently tougher but I lasted 5th place (it was an SnG setup, 10 players per table) and then I decided I would learn how to play better poker...

until an office-mate sent THE invite to PS I knew poker only as Wikipedia tells it and as Patrik Antonius...I was watching late night TV when I saw him beat the crap out of other pros in the '07 Aussie Millions (we have reruns...LOL) and I thought...that is one handsome man...I thought Brad Pitt was playing! :f_love:

so, some PAD episodes later and more play chips (my peak at free play was 261k, I sucked out playing PLO, lol) I decided to play for real money. my only mistake was, I signed up for PStars and FTP (where I can see PA every time I log in) before I signed up here, so unfortunately I had to find a different platform... :f_frown:

I'm currently playing at Everest poker where my BR is fluctuating like crazy (I still have a lot to learn about BR mgmt) but I have confirmed, just moments ago that I'm truly comfortable at the stakes I'm joining (NL10, FS or deep stack, whatever you call it). so far, whenever I play SS I suck out but BS I'm ok, it takes a while but I usually cap my sessions with a profit of at least $5.

I think I should continue with my style (which as P.Hellmuth puts it, Super Tight!!) but I'm yet to learn to benefit from studying my stats (I don't know how to obtain them, the Elephant hand converter is beyond my techie abilities, the manual overwhelms me :f_mad: )...soon I shall be posting hands and asking less noob-y questions (like, what is UTG or BU? :f_p: I still get confused with terms :s_o: )

so before I totally bore whoever gets lost here...
      GOALS:
      1) earn at least $20 more by the end of the week (I have 3 days left, $7 a night should be easy)
      2) make sure I've read all the bronze articles and watched all the videos, too
      3) learn how to use Elephant
      4) finish watching Nat'l Heads Up Poker Championship '09 then catch up with WSOP eps...

BTW, I haven't written anything about Phil Ivey here...PA is married to hot mama Maya so I don't like him anymore...LOL

I :heart: Phil Ivey... :f_love:
  • 19 replies
    • sjaakdaniels
      sjaakdaniels
      Bronze
      Hey nice introduction, wish you mucho luck in your poker endeavor;)
      about your goals tho, really ditch those televised poker shows and instead watch the strategy video's on PS here, you will be way better of and actually learn something from those;)
    • kAoChAn
      kAoChAn
      Bronze
      hi~! thankies~!

oh, I'm only watching them to see Phil Ivey...LOL besides it's great entertainment! :f_cool:

I do agree that I won't learn much watching pros play on TV because obviously it's live poker and they have money to burn...but wouldn't it be nice to someday have the ability to shove in blind like $100k just to "get the game going"? Ivey did it on FTP 1mil challenge and he won the hand against PA with 3's...so sick...that's why I :heart: that guy...*sigh* :f_biggrin:
    • kAoChAn
      kAoChAn
      Bronze
      I am sooo in trouble...I just lost half of my BR...*sniff* :f_frown:

I decided to take a break at ring games and try free rolls just so I wouldn't stop learning or until I've read all the silver articles and watched all the related videos...I did cash out in one FR but all I got was a dollar...LOL

I think last week I was too tired (I had to attend my aunt's wake and funeral then visit the cemetery in accordance with Filipino tradition during All Saint's Day, which I assure you is weird) and though I knew what I had to do during a hand, I did the opposite anyway...

Since I still have no idea how to post my stats etc (so much to do with so little time!), I'll just type here a hand based on memory...

In FTP $100 Freeroll...I was 54th place about 233 players left out of 2700...this was like 2 days ago...

I was SB, chips around 23k, all except one called the blinds (I think he was in EP, short stacked) I got Q8s, raised to 3BB (I think BB was around 120)
      Chip lead was BB, chips around 50k, called my raise, EP called (so I basically ignored him, he seemed unsure with what to do with his hand)
      Flop came Q J 8 rainbow, so instead of just checking, I made a BET of about 3/4 pot then BB RAISED...!
      Now, this is a moment in my life when I get hunches and make really bad decisions, I saw the J and suspected BB had a set, I was sure he doesn't have a straight...but what did I do? When EP went all in I called...turn came (I don't remember what it was but I'm sure it was blank) and I stupidly went all-in...didn't pause for a moment...naturally BB called and showdown revealed that EP had small pairs like 6's or A+ with no hit and of course BB had a set of J's...

Lesson learned: Now I know what the articles say about re-raising against a big stacked player...MTT's are no exception...just because one player got more chips doesn't mean s/he's a bully...ALWAYS think twice before calling a raise or going all in fer crissakes (unless of course I got a monster hand)! Also, don't watch Korean drama at the same time when a big decision is required (I was watching 'Boys Over Flowers' to keep me awake and now I know it was a bad idea...I was almost there I should've just focused on the game! :f_mad: )

I obviously didn't reach my week's goals, so now, I'm setting new goals:
      1) Grind my way back to $50!
      2) Finish all silver strategy materials!
      3) Watch WSOP and root for Phil Ivey! Yey!

God save fishies like me...LOL :f_p:
    • tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      Hi Kao,

Very nice blog. I so love your introduction.

With the dedication you have in learning this game, I think you can easily recover your $50 and start crushing this limit.

Regarding table positions, its advantage and the hands you need to play, these are discused in silver articles. Just give me a shout if there are things that you need to know more. Afterall it was me who recruited you here so I would love to see you build your bankroll.

BTW, we will soon have another free tourney in our company this December. There is a slight twist with the game and I am sure you will also love it. :)
    • kAoChAn
      kAoChAn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tac3znarf
      Hi Kao,

Very nice blog. I so love your introduction.

With the dedication you have in learning this game, I think you can easily recover your $50 and start crushing this limit.

Regarding table positions, its advantage and the hands you need to play, these are discused in silver articles. Just give me a shout if there are things that you need to know more. Afterall it was me who recruited you here so I would love to see you build your bankroll.

BTW, we will soon have another free tourney in our company this December. There is a slight twist with the game and I am sure you will also love it. :)
      haooo~! and thankies~!

as earlier discussed I shall join the tourney! (will play more FR and practice!!!)

yes! I will study more! possibly cut back on all the hours I spend watching Korean dramas (and GLEE, c'mon it's sooo FUUUNNNYYY...)

the problem with me, like my problem with math, is that I knew the theories and the formulas etc BUT I suck at applying them...so basically I have to play and see what sort of mistakes I commit and realize how it's related to the strategies...~_~ thank God for free rolls...

this also brought forth my unfortunate fate in my previous sessions where I lost half of my BR...I remember this one time I was already up $4 SS, NL10...preflop I raised with AJo...only one called, he was big stacked and I had him on connectors possibly 89...flop came I had top pair was sure he didn't hit anything, and instead of protecting my hand I CHECKED, which apparently gave him the opportunity to take position...I guess the correct description of the moment was I went on tilt when I was forced to go all in during the turn (when the board also showed a possible flush draw :s_o: ) and of course he completed his flush (and what do you know he's got something like 56s)...this is a moment of my life when I learned to protect my hand...NEXT TIME... :s_o:

what's also weird is I got good hunches but I never get to use them to my advantage I just can't fold when I knew I HAVE to fold...or call when I knew my hand will hit something aaarghh... :f_mad:

I will surely have a looong weekend...good luck to both of us! :f_biggrin:
    • tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      Here is the most profitable advise I can give you for now. A friend actually gave it to me when we were playing live game.

1. Once you have seated on a poker table you need to know and identify the fish or the weakest player (spot the fish). You should be able to spot the fish within the 1st 5 minutes of your game.

2. If you cannot spot the fish that only means that you are the fish and you will need to leave the table.

3. Once you have spotted the fish, try to force a big pot against him when you have premium cards. In this blind level, most of your winnings will be from these fish. After all, you need to eat them to become a shark. :)

Good luck on your games this weekend. :f_biggrin: :s_grin:
    • kAoChAn
      kAoChAn
      Bronze
      Here is the most profitable advise I can give you for now. A friend actually gave it to me when we were playing live game.

1. Once you have seated on a poker table you need to know and identify the fish or the weakest player (spot the fish). You should be able to spot the fish within the 1st 5 minutes of your game.

2. If you cannot spot the fish that only means that you are the fish and you will need to leave the table.

3. Once you have spotted the fish, try to force a big pot against him when you have premium cards. In this blind level, most of your winnings will be from these fish. After all, you need to eat them to become a shark. :)

Good luck on your games this weekend. :f_biggrin: :s_grin:
      thanks so much! this is helpful! suddenly a light bulb lit up *ding*

looking back I've now realized there were obviously plenty of tables where I was the fish...no wonder I lost so much...

I usually don't post BB after I get seated, I guess I should use this opportunity to learn more about my opponents, no?

thanks again and *FIGHTING*!!!
    • tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      Hi Kaochan.

How was your weekend game? :)
    • kAoChAn
      kAoChAn
      Bronze
      Hi Kaochan.

How was your weekend game? :)
      gahd...as earlier discussed...TERRIBLE...

I was finally up $9 grinding one table at a time...then...THEN I decided to try playing two tables...obviously I lost every other new table I joined in (I was maintaining my $10 profit in one table until eventually I lost one hand due my inattentiveness...I made sure though that I leave the table once my stack goes down to 10BB) and decided to call it quits for the night...THEN I realized I was also neglecting how much I've been putting in the tables...I think the math went like this:
      $21 remaining balance
      -$2 joined one table
      +$10 won after several hands
      -------
      $29--->almost yey! until I
      -$2 joined one table
      +$1 lost most hands, left table
      -$2 joined one table
      +$1 lost most hands, left table and so on and so forth...until my balance went down to...tadaaa! $15...*SIGH*

This was Friday night until Saturday morning btw...the next days I just read some articles (I was kind of depressed) and played more freerolls (just for practice...)

This was the hand that changed the course of one of my almost cash outs...

Everest Poker — Hand Details
      Play Mode: Real Money
      Tournament Table: 37424182-0
      Game Type: Hold'em
      Ante: 40
      Blinds: 150/300
      Stakes: 300/300
      Currency: USD
      Starting Date: 2009-11-08 GMT
      Starting Time: 12:51:39 GMT

Seating Arrangement:

VILLAIN (SB) is at seat 1 with 18580.
      BLAHBLAH1 (BB) is at seat 2 with 7910.
      BLAHBLAH2 (UTG) is at seat 4 with 44468.
      BLAHBLAH3 (MP1) is at seat 5 with 15558.
      kAoChAn (HERO, MP2) is at seat 6 with 16954.
      BLAHBLAH4 (MP3) is at seat 7 with 4765.
      BLAHBLAH5 (CO) is at seat 8 with 2305.
      BLAHBLAH6 (BU) is at seat 10 with 23933.

Deal Pocket Cards:
      kAoChAn: 9c 9h

Pre-flop:
      (UTG) folds.
      (MP1) folds.
      kAoChAn calls 300.
      (MP3) folds.
      (CO) folds.
      (BU) folds.
      VILLAIN calls 150.
      (BB) checks.

Flop (3h Jc 10d):
      VILLAIN raises 900.
      (BB) folds.
      kAoChAn calls 900.

Turn (3h Jc 10d 2d):
      VILLAIN raises 1050.
      kAoChAn raises 2100.
      VILLAIN calls 1050.

River (3h Jc 10d 2d 2c):
      VILLAIN raises 1200.
      kAoChAn calls 1200.

Showdown:
      VILLAIN shows Jh 6s.
      VILLAIN has 2d 2c 10d Jh Jc: Two Pair
      kAoChAn mucks 9c 9h.

Pot Summary:
      Total Pot: 9620
      VILLAIN wins 9620.--> duh, what else?

This is another moment of my life when I knew I'm beat but I dared to stupidly call. (I couldn't convert this hand through elephant btw, I was having a hard time finding it so I just copy + pasted) Reviewing this hand, I was wondering if I should've raised pre-flop but I was kind of wary of (SB) and (BU) because they're pretty loose-agressive and have been quite lucky during the previous hands (UTG was the chip lead but she's super tight, something I realized I'm not...yet...LOL)

After this, I couldn't find a spot to double up, and when I finally did, I was SB the lone player who called me was also short stacked BB who got KK (I just got KJ...)! Payouts were for the last 10 players...I was 11th...how ironic...~_~

Played a little tonight and won a few pots in NL2...up by $0.87...LOL...(I earlier joined freerolls which took most of my time)

I'm sure many would've quit at this stage of their poker-wannabe careers but I won't...

Thanks for the support tac3znarf! Congrats on your diamond status and recent winnings! ガンバリマショウ!!! (LET'S DO OUR BEST!!!)
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      Another thing: don't turn your hands that have showdown value into bluffs. Like with that 99. You are either way ahead or way behind. If you raise, opponent will fold all hands you beat and will call with all hands you lose to.
    • kAoChAn
      kAoChAn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Anssi
      Another thing: don't turn your hands that have showdown value into bluffs. Like with that 99. You are either way ahead or way behind. If you raise, opponent will fold all hands you beat and will call with all hands you lose to.
      hi~! thanks for that!

honestly though, I think I haven't read that part on "showdown value" in the articles yet so I don't know what that means... :f_p: I also didn't know I was trying to bluff...If I remember it correctly, I had a hunch he had a J+ and I just wanted to 'make sure' he wasn't trying to scare me off the hand (he does it a lot with bottom pairs) so I re-raised...then when river came I told myself "If he bets I fold" but what did I do? I called! This was just stupidity and bad play on my part. I'm also a bad bluffer, I don't remember any hand I won with pure bluff I at least have a pair or a strong draw (so that's a semi-bluff, right?) :f_grin:
    • PsychoFin
      PsychoFin
      Bronze
      Hey there! This looks like a great start to your blog! Keep grinding and you'll pass that 50$ mark and before you know it your BR will allow you to reach new limits ;)

Cheers,
      Psycho
    • kAoChAn
      kAoChAn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PsychoFin
      Hey there! This looks like a great start to your blog! Keep grinding and you'll pass that 50$ mark and before you know it your BR will allow you to reach new limits ;)

Cheers,
      Psycho
      hi~! thankies!

so far I'm down a few cents (currently at $14.20) I think I can make it $20 before the week ends but I couldn't give up freerolls...(I was 93rd last night at FTP, my highest so far...I lost against AA's naturally...I think I should've fold...)

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 500/1000 Blinds 125 Ante (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

BB (t61881)
      UTG (t49514)
      UTG+1 (t21200)
      MP1 (t25168)
      MP2 (t149292)
      Hero (CO) (t19360)
      Button (t84615)
      SB (t46705)

Hero's M: 7.74

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, J
      3 folds, MP2 calls t1000, Hero bets t3000, 3 folds, MP2 raises to t12000, Hero raises to t19235 (All-In), MP2 calls t7235

Flop: (t40970) 6, Q, 10 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: (t40970) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t40970) 4 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t40970
      Main pot: t40970 between MP2 and Hero, won by MP2

Results:
      MP2 had A, A (one pair, Aces).
      Hero had J, J (one pair, Jacks).
      Outcome: MP2 won t40970

I honestly think that JJ could beat AA because I seldom won showdowns with AA...just check this one, my last session for tonight:

Everest Poker — Hand Details
      Hand ID: 5214371126
      Table ID: -135617866
      Play Mode: Real Money
      Tournament Table: 37502564-32
      Game Type: Hold'em
      Blinds: 60/120
      Stakes: 120/120
      Currency: USD
      Starting Date: 2009-11-11 GMT
      Starting Time: 15:45:52 GMT

Seating Arrangement:
      BLAHBLAH1 (BB) is at seat 1 with 1740.
      BLAHBLAH2 (UTG) is at seat 2 with 3220.
      BLAHBLAH3 (EP1) is at seat 3 with 1530.
      kAoChAn (Hero, EP2)is at seat 4 with 3210.
      BLAHBLAH4 (MP1) is at seat 5 with 1890.
      BLAHBLAH5 (MP2)is at seat 6 with 5640.
      BLAHBLAH6 (MP3) is at seat 7 with 14697.
      BLAHBLAH7 (CO) is at seat 8 with 5650.
      BLAHBLAH8 (BU) is at seat 9 with 3710.
      BLAHBLAH9 (SB) is at seat 10 with 3150.

Deal Pocket Cards:
      kAoChAn: Ac As

Pre-flop:
      (UTG) calls 120.
      (EP1) calls 120.
      kAoChAn calls 120.
      (MP1) calls 120.
      (MP2) folds.
      (MP3) calls 120.
      (CO) folds.
      (BU) folds.
      (SB) raises 360.
      (BB) folds.
      (UTG) calls 300.
      (EP1) folds.
      kAoChAn raises 2040.
      (MP1) folds.
      (MP3) folds.
      (SB) raises 2730.
      (UTG) raises 2800.
      kAoChAn calls 1050.

Flop (6d 9h 5s Js 8c):

Showdown:
      kAoChAn shows Ac As.
      kAoChAn has 8c 9h Js Ac As: Pair
      (SB) shows Kh Ad.
      (SB) has 8c 9h Js Kh Ad: High Card
      (UTG) shows Jd Jh.
      (UTG) has 8c 9h Jd Jh Js: Three of a Kind
      kAoChAn is eliminated. :f_cry:
      (SB) is eliminated.
    • kAoChAn
      kAoChAn
      Bronze
      I'm still awake at 4:21am...
      I'm waiting for the break in FT to finish, playing the $150 Freeroll...
      Currently in second place out of 19 players! The highest I've reached playing FR ^_^ (I'll see about posting some stuff)
      Current chips: 1,124,706
      chip lead in my table (yay!)

This is the first time I'm guaranteed a cashout of more than $1...I've had a really bad run in Everest (current BR: $1...LOL) and I've been grinding FR's for the past 2 weeks...(I mostly win cents which I eventually lose in ring tables...~_~)

I'm just really happy to share my no-sleep session (been running almost 6 hours!)

here's the hand that gave me my million chips!

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 8000/16000 Blinds 2000 Ante (7 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

CO (t503077)
      Button (t513724)
      SB (t881185)
      Hero is BB (t667148)
      UTG (t800750)
      MP1 (t432102)
      Villain is MP2 (t415558)

BB's M: 17.56

Preflop:
      2 folds, MP2 bets t64000, 3 folds, BB raises to t214000, MP2 raises to t413558 (All-In), BB calls t199558

Flop: (t849116) Q, 6, A (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: (t849116) 4 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t849116) 7 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t849116
      Main pot: t849116 between BB and MP2, won by BB

Results:
      BB had A, A (three of a kind, Aces).
      MP2 had 10, 9 (high card, Ace).
      Outcome: BB won t849116

I'm soooo sleepy but I'll continue this until I'm legitimately eliminated...>_<
      *FIGHTING*!!!!
    • kAoChAn
      kAoChAn
      Bronze
      just an update...

I realized how pathetic my last post was...BUT finally I have real money in FT...LOL...$7.50...I finished 5th last night because I was too darn tired I decided to shove my last 5 or 6 hands... :f_p:

first call I doubled up, second time I had 55 and the rest had pocket pairs too (highest was QQ, chip lead) so it went multi-way but since I was second highest in chips two of us got eliminated but I got 5th place (the winner got a straight I think, the QQ got the side pot only)...yay! I didn't bother which position I was I just shoved because I really needed to sleep (it was 5AM and I have work). I think I could've made it to top3 but the game had been more than 6 hours and anyway I wouldn't jeopardize my job for $18, I was just after the experience of cashing out in FR...^_^

so, I don't have any goals...I think I've finished reading the articles (for silver) but I'm too confused as a person so I'd re-organize myself and just try to have fun first...I'm sorry PS for almost busting my starting capital...I will grind my way back to $50!!!

BTW, what does this mean? Anyone knows?
      BB's M: 17.56
    • kAoChAn
      kAoChAn
      Bronze
      I haven't been playing in Everest for a while (when I do I play free rolls or SnG's, hence my status retracting to bronze *SIGH*) because I've been too busy with Full Tilt...it started with the Isildur1-Durrrr craze then I won 5th in the free rolls (finally getting a real money balance) then I decided to grind the SnG's...so far I'm winning...my anti-BRM strategy so far isn't working in FT, I'm up $20 (yay!) I hope I can earn as much in Everest in such a short time (from $1 I'm only up $5 *SIGH*)

Anyway, I really think I'm more comfy in SnG's and MTT's...I make really bad decisions in ring games, whereas in tourneys I'm doing well, almost always cashing out...(but I'm grinding the $1+$.20 tables so that really doesn't count, no?) I think I'll grind for at least another week before I go back to ring games...

Here's a hand earlier in NL10 that I think I sucked out with, if this situation took place in a tourney I wouldn't go all in...I was too happy after I won a tourney that I thought it wouldn't be bad busting $2...LOL

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

MP2 ($2.12)
      CO ($1.55)
      Button ($2.60)
      SB ($1.70)
      Hero (BB) ($2.57)
      UTG ($2)
      UTG+1 ($5.03)
      MP1 ($10.34)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, J
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, 4 folds, Hero bets $0.35, MP1 calls $0.25

Flop: ($0.75) Q, 10, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.75, MP1 calls $0.75

Turn: ($2.25) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $2.25, Hero calls $1.47 (All-In)

River: ($5.19) A (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $5.19 | Rake: $0.34
      Main pot: $5.19 between Hero and MP1, won by Hero

Results:
      Hero had K, J (straight, Ace high).
      MP1 had 3, 3 (two pair, eights and threes).
      Outcome: Hero won $4.85

seriously, I wasn't thinking here except that I have outs, fine, I'll go all in :f_p: the villain was obviously protecting his hand knowing that I only had a draw, unfortunately for him I didn't mind busting out LOL

Earlier in a tourney I played in, when there was only 3 of us left, I witnessed a very sneaky strategy the short stacked player used to get to 2nd place...FOLD EVERY DAMN HAND...he just allowed the blinds to eat up his stack knowing that me and the other player (who has enough chips and could be chip lead but unfortunately lost to me) would be duking it out every time. sneaky, sneaky, sneaky...he 'won' a prize for not playing :f_mad:

tomorrow's the company tourney, I hope my team wins! ガンバリマショウ!!!
    • kAoChAn
      kAoChAn
      Bronze
      sorry PS...I lost all drive to grind back my starting capital in Everest...I'm having too much fun in FT... :f_biggrin:

won my first real money MTT...lowest buy-in of course, but I'm glad there's still hope with my poker skills...

Full Tilt Poker Tournament Summary $1 + $0.10 Sit & Go (124498220) Hold'em No Limit
      Buy-In: $1 + $0.10
      Buy-In Chips: 3000
      90 Entries
      Total Prize Pool: $90
      Tournament started: 2009/12/12 10:38:54 ET
      Tournament finished: 2009/12/12 14:25:13 ET

1: kAoJ, $22.50-->Yay!!!
      kAoJ finished in 1st place
      I just don't understand why I'm having difficulty playing my A-game in Everest...possibly in FT there are more fish so I always cash out in SnG's...since I'm still learning I guess I'll take advantage of this opportunity, build a nice bankroll and hopefully be able to transfer some money in my Everest account.

Here's a hand...I wonder if I should've made a bet...we were playing 4-handed for over an hour and being the chip lead I think bullying the others would've made things easier but I was playing a little too tight I guess, when I know I could be top 2 I usually play passively, letting the others eliminate themselves, raising pre-flop when in position or with a playable hand...I haven't read the SnG articles yet so I'm not really sure if I'm playing well or just lucky... :f_p:

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 1.1 Tournament, 1000/2000 Blinds 250 Ante (4 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

Button (t77810)
      SB (t60848)
      BB (t50262)
      Hero (UTG) (t81080)

Hero's M: 20.27

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K, J
      Hero calls t2000, Button bets t6000, 2 folds, Hero calls t4000

Flop: (t16000) 4, 2, J (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets t10000, Hero calls t10000

Turn: (t36000) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button checks

River: (t36000) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button checks

Total pot: t36000
      Main pot: t36000 between Button and Hero, won by Hero

Results:
      Button had 10, 10 (one pair, tens).
      Hero had K, J (one pair, Jacks).
      Outcome: Hero won t36000

will be sleeping now...I need to go "shopping" later for the company x-mas theme party...I'll be attending because I want to win that 32" LCD TV!!!
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      Hey man, nice blog. Questions regarding last hand you posted:
      - why did you limp such a nice hand 4-handed?
      - would you have called his river bet?

GL and give us more insight on your plays - it will help to improve your game dramatically! :D
    • kAoChAn
      kAoChAn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jackalof
      Hey man, nice blog. Questions regarding last hand you posted:
      - why did you limp such a nice hand 4-handed?
      - would you have called his river bet?

GL and give us more insight on your plays - it will help to improve your game dramatically! :D
      hi there...thanks! I'll do my best, GL to you too, though it seems you don't need it :f_p:

I limped...because SB and BB had been reasonably trying to push me around by going all in almost every time whenever I'm at a hand (if the others fold) and basically I was SCARED of losing half of my stack and eventually be on the bubble (it's like the opposite of playing poker, not taking risks AT ALL...I'm chip lead and still looking for a good spot... :f_mad: I've folded AK and AQ suited several times because I honestly couldn't do the math against a possible coinflip situation...BECAUSE I literally don't know the math :f_p: ). I think I got more aggressive when I finally caught BU/UTG and eliminated him (see below) I guess I still have a lot to learn in SnG's...

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 1.1 Tournament, 1200/2400 Blinds 300 Ante (4 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

UTG (t44748)
      Button (t51848)
      SB (t83424)
      Hero (BB) (t89980)

Hero's M: 18.75

Preflop: Hero is BB with 10, A
      UTG bets t4800, 2 folds, Hero calls t2400

Flop: (t12000) 10, J, 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks

Turn: (t12000) A (2 players)
      Hero bets t12000, UTG calls t12000

River: (t36000) A (2 players)
      Hero bets t36000, UTG calls t27648 (All-In)

Total pot: t91296
      Main pot: t91296 between UTG and Hero, won by Hero

Results:
      Hero had 10, A (full house, Aces over tens).
      UTG had A, 7 (three of a kind, Aces).
      Outcome: Hero won t91296

About calling BU's river bet...I would depending on the amount...because my read on him is like this:
      1) if he has a hand like overpairs he'd bet on the flop and fire another on the turn...I've never seen him slowplay...he either shoves or plays aggressively when he thinks he's good...he probably had bluffed me before (betting post flop and me folding because I didn't think I can make a play) but whenever I call he stops firing :f_biggrin:
      2) I put him on a possible set when he made a bet on the flop but when he checked on the turn I knew he was trying to bluff me or just made a feeler bet and got scared of the J...I think... :f_p:
      3) if he did hit his set on the river (he could have pocket 8's for all I know) I'd probably be able to scare him off with a re-raise making him think I hit a set on the flop with JJ BUT that really depends on my mood...

I really think aside from still being fish I'm also an intuitive player, I don't use Elephant because my laptop freezes whenever I try to modify the settings so I don't really know how I fare other than I play well when I'm focused...so I don't multi-table because I lose focus LOL :f_p: