[NL2-NL10] Nl2 A4

    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      Joined: 08.06.2008 Posts: 843
      Known players:
      SB:
      $1,13
      BB:
      $2,72
      MP1:
      $0,30
      MP2:
      $1,97
      MP3:
      $1,54
      Hero:
      $2,00
      BU:
      $1,66

      0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

      Preflop: Hero is CO with A:diamond: , 4:diamond:
      2 folds, MP3 calls $0,02, Hero raises to $0,10, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0,08.

      Flop: ($0,23) Q:diamond: , K:spade: , 9:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0,23, MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

      Final Pot: $0,23

      Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows high card ace with king kicker (Ad 4d)

      Hero wins with high card ace with king kicker (Ad 4d)

      I'm c-beting pot size on flop because it's very drawy, or I shouldn't c-bet at all on such a board even against 1 limp-caller?
  • 4 replies
    • davecc
      davecc
      Bronze
      Joined: 01.10.2009 Posts: 72
      You shouldnt be raising with an A4 pre-flop in the first place. Maybe as a blind steal but in NL2 I dont think its worth it.

      If you hit an ace on the flop and raise, and he calls, what do you do?
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      Joined: 08.06.2008 Posts: 843
      Probably check the turn and call a small bet on river, or fold if it gets ugly on any street.
      Good answer? :f_confused:
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Joined: 09.09.2008 Posts: 2,214
      If this is 6 max and you know how to play post-flop A4s is alright for iso raise.

      NH except that you do not have to bet pot on the flop, you can go for a bit higher than 2/3. This saves you money if he calls.. doesn't seem much on these limits but gets to a bigger amount on higher limits
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.11.2008 Posts: 5,510
      Hi,

      Originally posted by Dragar
      If this is 6 max and you know how to play post-flop A4s is alright for iso raise.

      NH except that you do not have to bet pot on the flop, you can go for a bit higher than 2/3. This saves you money if he calls.. doesn't seem much on these limits but gets to a bigger amount on higher limits

      This mostly. Depending on how wide MP3's range is he will or will not completely crush this board with his hands, like if he's limping 20% of his hands there is a good chance he has stuff like QT/Q9/KJ/JT/T9/AJ and all the others of the same type and he'll rarely fold. If he's limping 80% of his hands then he'll also show up with crap like 23s/65s/22 enough for you to show a profit with something like a 2/3 c-bet, since you have some backdoors and an overcard that might be live.


      Hope it helps.