Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $4,93
      Hero:
      $4,86

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:club: , Q:heart:
      3 folds, MP3 raises to $0,20, Hero calls $0,20, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0,47) A:club: , K:club: , K:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0,30, Hero calls $0,30.

Turn: ($1,07) 7:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1,07) 3:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0,50, Hero calls $0,50.

Final Pot: $2,07

Results follow (highlight to see):
  • 3 replies
    • davecc
      davecc
      Bronze
      Id like to see this hand evaluated as well.

I would have tried to boost the pot pre flop though, not a huge fan of QQ post flop.

I would like to know if on a board like with the exact same position but on a flush draw, would it be better to bet or check the turn if you were MP3?
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      I would definitely 3bet this preflop. As played, your line is ok.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

3bet is preflop, if MP3 has any clue what he's doing he's open raising enough trashy hands that we prefer to repop him right there rather than being outdraw by stuff like A9o and KTs all the time, if he's loose enough you might even get in to call with such hands out of position and play a bigger pot with you as an underdog.

As played the river is somewhat close, you'll either see an A that was scared of Kx on the turn or random nonsense like a busted draw/a middling pp depending on whether he'd bet again on the turn with a draw. 1/2 pot bet looks more like a valuebet to me tho, so if i respect the player i might fold, but at nl5 getting 3:1 you'll likely see enough nonsense hands behind this bet to make a call profitable.

In MP3's shoes really if he perceives Hero as a solid tag he shouldn't be thrilled of betting the turn again with clubs, most tags at nl5 will instantly go away against a c-bet if they don't have at least an A on such a flop, so he doesn't really have much fold equity against Hero's range on the turn unless Hero peels the flop really light. If your opponent seems sortof loose barreling the turn is fine since often people won't release pocket pairs for just one bet, but against a tight fellow tag you can probably just check/fold it too.

Hope it helps.