Is it possible to make money in FL?

• PokerTof
      PokerTof
      Bronze
      Im asking that because i'm considering tournaments or NL cash games.

Some months I make $200+ then seem to get to the the stage where I break even for several weeks at a time. I only play 4 tables at a time on 0.5/1 limit so I'm able to determine the different types of players at each table quickly enough. It's a case of if I win the big pots I leave with a profit if not a slight loss.

I play on FR tables and usually my stats for hands played are 20 - 22% which i thought was a good solid figure. Using charts provided for when to raise and Big blind defense. etc..

If any of the pro's like terrorblade could give advise then I'd be grateful. At the stage where i'm grinding away for pennies lol.
  • 1 reply
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Where are you playing FR? Does it seem to you like there are a lot of bad players to make money off of at those tables?

Also 4 tables at FR is far too little imo for someone relatively experienced in FL. You must spend half of the time just sitting there because the hand/hr is pretty low.

Maybe try bump up the table count to 6-8+ in 1 table increments, I think one of the reasons it seems like you break even for so long is because you put in too little hand volume. By doubling your hand/hr you half the real-time length of breakeven stretches.

Move to shorthanded would be my answer, I don't think there are too many poker rooms with great FR tables anymore.