[NL20-NL50] Nl25Sh 22 Utg

• gavinonymous
      I think BU is a fish and just calling for position, but otherwise unknown.

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 2, 2.
      Hero raises to $1.00, MP3 calls $1.00, CO folds, BU calls $1.00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($3.35) 6, 8, 6 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks, BU checks.

I can't represent anything on the flop so multiway I just play c/c

Turn: ($3.35) T (3 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, MP3 folds, BU calls $2.50.

Decide to take a shot at it, could get called by a worse hand still.

River: ($8.35) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $5.00, Hero calls $5.00.

Final Pot: $18.35.

I don't think he's on a pp, and why would he bet if he has me beat? what would he expect me to call with, must be a bluff?
  • 3 replies
    • caltabiano
      I think flop is c/f, not c/c. Even if they are bluffing, they have huge equity against you whatever hand they hold. so it's no use c/c, since you're gonna be in a grayish area in later streets.

c/f flop IMO.

I wouldn't stab the pot on turn because I think there are a bunch of hands they could call with, especially since you said BU is a fish. Any pair calls, any 9, any 7. And since you're against 2 people, it's a lot more likely one of them has something.

BU could have anything when he takes that line: a 6, a T, an 8, 77, 99. Your line looks weird and you can't credibly represent anything. If you had a T, you'd bet river again. If you had an 8 you'd have bet flop. You wouldn't take a line with anything that has value, so it just seems like a bluff on your part. So I think BU could be betting with a bunch of better hands.

It's a c/f on flop, turn and river for me.
    • Dragar
      I don't agree with c/f here.

The flop is perfect for a c-bet, you are infact representing a lot here, mainly medium to high pps. Your opponents will have most likely missed this flop.

If BU is a calling stations, just barrel the turn after.
    • Kaitz20
      c/c oop is not the best move if villain is aggressive and can valuebet/bluff a lot of times. I´d prefer b/f flop and often continuing barreling turn, since he´d fold a lot of times one pair hands
      b/f turn is ok, since no-one hasn´t shown any interest to take down pot, so you should often get them fold.
      River is imo c/f. He has no reason to bluff there and if he calls turn, then he likely is holding pair.