This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl25Sh 22 Utg

• gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      I think BU is a fish and just calling for position, but otherwise unknown.

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2(Hero):
      $24.65
      MP3:
      $21.75
      CO:
      $18.35
      BU:
      $25.55
      SB:
      $56.15
      BB:
      $12.50

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 2, 2.
      Hero raises to $1.00, MP3 calls $1.00, CO folds, BU calls $1.00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($3.35) 6, 8, 6 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks, BU checks.

I can't represent anything on the flop so multiway I just play c/c

Turn: ($3.35) T (3 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, MP3 folds, BU calls $2.50.

Decide to take a shot at it, could get called by a worse hand still.

River: ($8.35) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $5.00, Hero calls $5.00.

Final Pot: $18.35.

I don't think he's on a pp, and why would he bet if he has me beat? what would he expect me to call with, must be a bluff?
  • 3 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I think flop is c/f, not c/c. Even if they are bluffing, they have huge equity against you whatever hand they hold. so it's no use c/c, since you're gonna be in a grayish area in later streets.

c/f flop IMO.

I wouldn't stab the pot on turn because I think there are a bunch of hands they could call with, especially since you said BU is a fish. Any pair calls, any 9, any 7. And since you're against 2 people, it's a lot more likely one of them has something.

BU could have anything when he takes that line: a 6, a T, an 8, 77, 99. Your line looks weird and you can't credibly represent anything. If you had a T, you'd bet river again. If you had an 8 you'd have bet flop. You wouldn't take a line with anything that has value, so it just seems like a bluff on your part. So I think BU could be betting with a bunch of better hands.

It's a c/f on flop, turn and river for me.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      I don't agree with c/f here.

The flop is perfect for a c-bet, you are infact representing a lot here, mainly medium to high pps. Your opponents will have most likely missed this flop.

If BU is a calling stations, just barrel the turn after.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      c/c oop is not the best move if villain is aggressive and can valuebet/bluff a lot of times. I´d prefer b/f flop and often continuing barreling turn, since he´d fold a lot of times one pair hands
      b/f turn is ok, since no-one hasn´t shown any interest to take down pot, so you should often get them fold.
      River is imo c/f. He has no reason to bluff there and if he calls turn, then he likely is holding pair.