This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl25 Fr: Aa

• johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Villian: 16/7 weak-tightish. Probably never calling the flop lightly in this spot.

Is it ok to give up on the turn? I felt his range was something like Kx, 44, JJ, QTs.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $25.00
      BB:
      $44.20
      MP1(Hero):
      $39.30
      MP2:
      $10.80
      MP3:
      $24.75
      CO:
      $35.35
      BU:
      $20.00

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A, A.
      Hero raises to $1.00, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $1.00, CO calls $1.00, BU folds, SB calls $0.90, BB folds.

Flop: ($4.25) J, 4, K (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.00, MP3 calls $3.00, CO folds, SB folds.

Turn: ($10.25) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $6.00, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $10.25.
  • 6 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Hi I would use a bet fold line on the turn.

He might have Jx kind of hand here.
    • dryLolo
      dryLolo
      Bronze
      Hi,

IMHO the best line here is check/call and fold to a large river bet.

check/fold is little to weak there is only 3 JJ, 3 44, 4 AK,8KQ(or 2KQs) that have you beat. That is only 12 hands . And for this price you need
      6/22*0,95= 28% equity that means that he have to bluff with only 4,5 hands on average for this call to be EV=0. And this is always possible to think of 4-5 hands that you beat.

Jd 4c Kh Kc
      Gracz 1: 26,278% AA
      Gracz 2: 73,722% JJ, 44, AKs, KQs, QTs, AKo

This is a super tight range
      and i for myself think that QTs is unrealistic. I think that this guy have something like this on turn.
      JJ,44,AK,KQs,TT,(with will represent tendency to not throw a high pocket on flop with no ace on it from time to time,even with 3 opponents)
      JTs(one combination) i think such players never call something like KJs or QTs but JTs is played more often due to the fact that it does not have domination problems.

Gracz 1: 38,038% AA
      Gracz 2: 61,962% JJ-TT, 44, AKs, KQs, JcTc, AKo

When you throw away some TT combinations you still have equity for call.
      It is marginal but better than throwing AA.

If you think this guy can have QTs , Then he can have KJs, and then he can have some Jx combinations as well like AJs so this will get your equity better than worse.

Bet/fold is i think the worst line here because you are very often behind and no better hand will fold. so for majority of time you will get rised and almost never get a call from hand that you beat so it is too expensive line. And your aces are not better than bluff.

SUMARIZING
      Better play some c/c for bluff induce(as above you only need 5 hands worst than yours to call be EV+). I dont think this guy will barrel river with anything worse than your hand so river is easy c/f.

C/F is possible but in my opinion little too weak.

B/f is not a line to play here. You dont need protection and you are behind more than 50% of time.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Ok will explain my thought line more because I analyse hands the way I would play them on villain cards and hence I would bet the turn.

The reason is that from my view villain will not bet a J here and just check it behind. There is no more value to be gained from him by not betting the turn. The only card he will bet is a K and he will bet this high if he is good. Hence I rahter b/f an amount I want to then pay an amount which is against my choice.

And the next part is this. If I were villain and float the flop I would bet turn. If I get called I would fire another barrel ont he river very often because I would put my opponent on a J and not a K and hence the only way to win the pot for me is to get him off it. I might check behind a TT but then again I would not bet a TT on the turn either, like I would not bet a J.

Hence if you do c/c on the turn you get either no more value or you will be forced to make a crying fold on the river not really knowing if your beat or not. This in turn will influence your mood and what not because you always think what if. I hate that thought a lot and I hate thinking about it... I want to be sure that I am beat.

Oh and last thing... folding to a large bet on the river? Villain bet won't be large... it will be adjusted just nice.
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Thanks for the really insightful replies. :f_love:

I didn't include stuff like TT, JT in his range since he probably knows I wouldn't bet the flop 4-way without at least top pair.

Agree that folding the turn is weak. I usually don't like the check/call, check/fold thing without specific reads. Calling - you can get stacked in a really marginal spot. Folding - your not sure if he can second barrel.

But as you say, this villian isn't going to bet the river with anything I beat.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Bronze
      flat call it and see what the river brings.

the fact taht a second K came reduced the possibility of you having a K and thats why he repped it
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dryLolo
      Hi,

IMHO the best line here is check/call and fold to a large river bet.

check/fold is little to weak there is only 3 JJ, 3 44, 4 AK,8KQ(or 2KQs) that have you beat. That is only 12 hands . And for this price you need
      6/22*0,95= 28% equity that means that he have to bluff with only 4,5 hands on average for this call to be EV=0. And this is always possible to think of 4-5 hands that you beat.

Jd 4c Kh Kc
      Gracz 1: 26,278% AA
      Gracz 2: 73,722% JJ, 44, AKs, KQs, QTs, AKo

This is a super tight range
      and i for myself think that QTs is unrealistic. I think that this guy have something like this on turn.
      JJ,44,AK,KQs,TT,(with will represent tendency to not throw a high pocket on flop with no ace on it from time to time,even with 3 opponents)
      JTs(one combination) i think such players never call something like KJs or QTs but JTs is played more often due to the fact that it does not have domination problems.

Gracz 1: 38,038% AA
      Gracz 2: 61,962% JJ-TT, 44, AKs, KQs, JcTc, AKo

When you throw away some TT combinations you still have equity for call.
      It is marginal but better than throwing AA.

If you think this guy can have QTs , Then he can have KJs, and then he can have some Jx combinations as well like AJs so this will get your equity better than worse.

Bet/fold is i think the worst line here because you are very often behind and no better hand will fold. so for majority of time you will get rised and almost never get a call from hand that you beat so it is too expensive line. And your aces are not better than bluff.

SUMARIZING
      Better play some c/c for bluff induce(as above you only need 5 hands worst than yours to call be EV+). I dont think this guy will barrel river with anything worse than your hand so river is easy c/f.

C/F is possible but in my opinion little too weak.

B/f is not a line to play here. You dont need protection and you are behind more than 50% of time.
      +1
      also like c/c turn reasons that dryLolo mentioned.
      You get to see river card and often river goes c/c. These player won´t bluff river or valuebet worse hands than trips, but he might take stab with straight draws on the turn