Will I get busted if I open a second account?

• jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      Hi.

I have an old account at stars that I no longer use. I would like to open a new one that is tracked through pokerstrategy. If I open a new account from a new PC, with a new address/email/deposit method what are my odds of getting away with it? will all my funds be taken? The old account will remain inactive. I've read on other forums that people have managed to do this. Any experience/advice.

Thanks
  • 19 replies
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      That's my fundamental dilema for half a year :D .

I opened 2 accounts at pokerstars and nothing happened in the first few hours. After that i mailed them to actually tell i have 2 accounts, because they have the right to not allow you to use pokerstars EVER if you piss them off. And i didn't want to.

Of course the bastards closed my tracked account and kept the old one.

Anyway, it's good to know that they can close your account and actually take all your money if they catch you with 2 accounts, chip dumping, etc. It's in their terms and conditions.

So if you do open a second account, at least don't deposit to much money there!
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi jonnyquest,

We would strongly recommend that you don't set up any additional accounts as it is one of the fundamental rules of most poker platforms, stars included.

The consequences of doing so can be severe as you have already touched on yourself and could in the worse case scenario involve total blocking of all your funds on both accounts and a permanent ban.

In my opinion it's just not worth the risk.

Andreibalint is right in being totally up front with support where a 2nd account is inadvertently set up by mistake, this is always the right thing to do, however as in their case, they will most likely close your new tracked account and retain your original one so you will not gain anything other than potential grief in future.

All poker platforms are reluctant to retrack existing accounts, however if the situation changes in the future, we will of course notify people accordingly.

Best regards,

Bart
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      Hi guys.

Thanks for the quick responses. I guess I'll be staying at Full Tilt for the time being.

Cheers
    • LouPapy
      LouPapy
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I don't know if you can do that with Pokerstar, but with Party poker, I got around it by first closing my first innactive account by sending them a letter (email) asking them formaly to close my account. And then I was able to start from scratch and open another account. you could try with Poker star...
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I have to agree with Bart.
      It is just to big of a risk.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      i was faced with something similar, but mine is a bit different coz i actually forgot about my old Stars account which i opened when the dinosaurs still roamed the earth, before the Fossilman won the World Series.

So i opened another account with PS, that is tracked.

Unfortunately, when i wanted to deposit, they actually dug up my old account and told me that i have an old account and i have to use that one. I begged them to let me use the new one, and asked them to just rape, burn, kill, mutilate the old account.

They didn't like the idea too much and insisted i use the old account, and duly deleted the new account.

So now im playing on stars, untracked, with the fossilized account.
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      My friend opened an acount there over a year ago and send them email early this yr for account closure. After 5 months he registered on pokerstratetgy and asking the capital in his new pokerstars account and it was unsuccessful.
    • MikeB570
      MikeB570
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LouPapy
      Hi,
      I don't know if you can do that with Pokerstar, but with Party poker, I got around it by first closing my first innactive account by sending them a letter (email) asking them formaly to close my account. And then I was able to start from scratch and open another account. you could try with Poker star...
      Be careful with this one.....

I read a thread on a different forum where the person who did not speak very good english told them to "permanently close his account". They said are you sure? and he said yes. (he didn't understand the word permanently very well, he thought he would be able to play again in a few months). A few months later he comes back and asks them to reopen his account and they totally refused and he's not allowed to create another one under his name.
    • Razky
      Razky
      Bronze
      and now i want to reopen that one; i mailed them several times, but with no success
      any ideas?
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Razky
      and now i want to reopen that one; i mailed them several times, but with no success
      any ideas?
      Your the guy that said "permanently delete the account"?
      I'm not sure how they deal with that tbh.

Maybe explain that you didn't understand the term very well and ask again?

Regards,

Kyle.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      You need to be patient. Normally poker website and other gambling site are under strict guidelines when accounts have asked to be cancelled. This is linked gambling addiction problems. I know that under the UK gambling commission licence for example, sites have to wait a minimum of 6 month before re-allowing someone that has asked their account to be cancelled / stopped. So explain to them calmly the situation and be patient.

As for opening a second account, i don't think it is worth the risk. If you get caught, you risk your funds to be confiscated and you account blocked. You'd be better opening an account on a different platform.
    • crodady
      crodady
      Bronze
      example of stupid poker house

i ask bwin can they close my account so i can open new one trought PS and i tell them ill play at their place all the time...or i will play on pokerstars....they choose....stupid mf-uckers tell me that i canot open new account and if i do that ill be baned for life...then i tell them ..ok ill then play on pokerstars and fu..you and you phouse,for life :f_biggrin:
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi crodady,

Whilst I appreciate your frustration, afterall we all have some non-tracked accounts myself included, this kind of action will not help your cause.
      Out of the many thousands of players, you probably wouldn't be missed unless you're their top nose-bleed stakes player, but you would end up losing out yourself in terms of any future promotions.

Poker rooms invest vast amounts of money into advertising etc to attract new players in. The rake those players pay helps to offset these incurred costs in attracting them in the first place.
      It would be unfair on the poker room to expect them to suddenly give up part of that income and provide it to an affiliate who didn't have anything to do with your original sign up.

Think of it as one of your poker wins. You paid the entry into the tournament (including tournament fee) and won say $100.
      Would it then be right for someone totally unconnected to you to come along and say "actually I'll take $5 of that away from you because I want to buy a magazine"? Of course not.

Ok silly example I know, but think about it. Affiliates receive income from poker rooms because they provide them with vast amounts of players, but have already picked up the signup/advertising costs themselves so the room doesn't have to.

Similarly, PokerStrategy understandably restricts (in most cases) the added value they return to members (community events, rakeraces etc) to those tracked members that have generated that particular income in the first place.

There is no way to set up a tracked account if you've already previously held an account on the same platform... period. Those that try always regret it as severe penalties, life time bans etc are dished out.
      It's something we have to just live with and move on, but please don't cut off your nose to spite your face, you never know when a particular poker room might have some cracking promotions or events to take part in, tracked or otherwise.

Best regards,

Bart
    • crodady
      crodady
      Bronze
      i wasnt completly familiar with affiliate program..ty on explanation...btw bwin was my "first love" but i need PS points becouse i want to learn more and more about poker and i need silver or gold status on PS becouse of benefits..i wanted to stay on bwin so i try talk to them to find compromise...now i can say PokerStars is great Phouse..its much better than bwin in almoust all aspects :)
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      helloo everyone!

I had the same problem,but I really did well with it,
      I made my first pokerstars account 2 years ago,but I did not use any affiliate sites, so it was not tracked to anything.
      and I did not play on pokerstars much for a long time,but this year,I started to play on pokerstars again.
      but actually I did not like my username,cuz it had my name and birthday.

so I asked pokerstars support if I can change my username for privacy reason and security reason.
      and they said I can make new account cuz of that reason,
      so I made new account which is tracked to pokerstrategy.com.
      and they transferred all my money and points from my old pokerstars account to new one kindly. then,they closed my old account :D
      and of course I have been playing on pokerstars for nearly 5 months now in new account. their supports are awesome ! I love them :)

so if you want to make new one and you used your real name as screename
      it might be possible to have new one if you ask them :D
    • z1pz0r
      z1pz0r
      Bronze
      Delete plz
    • AlandyJin
      AlandyJin
      Bronze
      I have the same problem.I didn't ever deposit both account.Can I deposit the one tracked by the pokerstrategy and leave the other alone?Will there be risk that my accout be blocked by pokerstars lifetime?
    • AlandyJin
      AlandyJin
      Bronze
      I have got the reply from pokerstars.They closed the one which tracked by the schoole and left the other open.If I attempt to creat more one I will be blocked.
    • AlandyJin
      AlandyJin
      Bronze
      Finally,they reopen the account tracked by the school.Any question just contact their service.Their service really excellent!!