[NL2-NL10] A7s

• franeczek
      franeczek
      Global
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($4.82)
      Button ($5)
      UTG ($5.10)
      Hero (MP) ($5)
      SB ($5)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A, 7
      UTG calls $0.04, Hero bets $0.20, 3 folds, UTG calls $0.16

Flop: ($0.46) Q, J, 10 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.33, UTG raises $0.66, Hero raises $2.09, UTG calls $1.76

Turn: ($5.30) 3 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $2.38 (All-In), UTG calls $2.38

River: ($10.06) 2 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $10.06
  • 2 replies
    • davecc
      davecc
      Bronze
      I would probably check back the turn. Im almost certain no hands will fold a 1/2 pot bet all in at that point after having called so much on the flop.

That way if the river misses you can simply fold and cut losses, since betting on the turn you dont have odds or fold equity.

I would probably call the flop re-raise, and not bet into it again. Its possible to get paid off by a straight or lower flush in that situation, and thats what i put him on. If he is stubborn he might have an overpair that he doesnt want to fold.

I think he made a straight on the flop, and the min-reraise was to attract more action because he wasnt happy with 33 cents, but I dont know without any read.

Amateur opinion.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I happen to agree with davecc.

When he minraises that flop unless he's been doing it a lot i really don't think he's going to fold anything to a 3bet, be it a top pair, two pairs, an unlikely set, some kind of pair+gutshot or even a made straight. So the only good thing about going broke right on the flop would be to stack other flushdraws, but we don't even know if he would play them aggressively to begin with, nor do we know if he'll actually it off against a 3bet. So without much fold equity i'd call the raise in position.

As played on the turn it really sucks but same thing, he's not folding anything on that 3h turn and our equity decreased a lot, i'd check it back.

Hope it helps.