SSS question

• davecc
      davecc
      Bronze
      Ive recently started playing SSS and want to know whether 20 BB buy in is optimal, or just given for simplicity in the articles? It seems to me that it would better to have more than 20 BB. Can somebody explain the reasoning to me please?
  • 7 replies
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      20BB is optimal for a whole bunch of reasons.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Less than 20BB is optimal, but 20BB is the minimum buy-in. This is also why you leave the table whenever you get above 25BB because the strategy is not designed for such "large" stacks.
    • davecc
      davecc
      Bronze
      Aha, so I shouldnt auto top up my stack then.
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      Originally posted by davecc
      Aha, so I shouldnt auto top up my stack then.
      Only if you get under 15BB
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      There are schools of thought that think ~17BB is the optimal stack size for SSS, so topping up at 15BB is a decent enough idea. However, once you start to incorperate Sklanki Chubukov pushes into your game, you can play with a much smaller stack and open your range right up from late position.
    • davecc
      davecc
      Bronze
      Alright, so if Im playing SSS and have exactly 20 BB and shove into BB from SB with K8 suited, I am guaranteed an average profit of 0.3 BB/hand in the long run?

I just want to make sure Im understanding these numbers correctly. Thank you for bringing this up.
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by davecc
      Alright, so if Im playing SSS and have exactly 20 BB and shove into BB from SB with K8 suited, I am guaranteed an average profit of 0.3 BB/hand in the long run?

I just want to make sure Im understanding these numbers correctly. Thank you for bringing this up.
      According to S-C numbers, it is indeed +EV to shove K8s first in from the SB, but definately try and get to gold and read the article for the full explanation.