problems with sss players

• boschman123
      i just dont like them, they are with 2 many of them.

since a month now it is hard 2 find a table with less then 4 of those darn cheapcoats who fcuk up every normall game. they have ruined the normall play with there push or fold.
      come on , cant remember when it was the last time i could limp with a medium pocket pair.
      in all due respect of alaton and other good sss players, but im seriously thinking of leaving partypoker and go to a site where there are not hundreds of those little buggers sponserd by . in every situation between 2 big stackers there pops up one of those revolting dwarfs too fcuk up the odds.
      i have played half an hour ago 9 tables and i counted 126 different german and russian sss'ers in one hour of play.

not happy
  • 13 replies
    • frzl
      which limit do you play ?
      i would guess nl10 or nl25, right ? :)
      at limits like nl50+ there are not as many ss as at the lower limits. so try to get there :D
      i never really played the bss but i think i can imagine how annoying it is to sit on a table with 3+ ss ^^. there is not much you can do about it (as peterbee said: there is NOTHING you can do against a perfectly played sss). but many of these guys don´t play perfect (ok lets say nobody does :D ).
      your big advantage is that they are easy to read (at the low limits). most of the ss who are playing at nl25 just play according to the starting hand chart, don´t resteal aso...
      so i think you can use many concepts which are noticed in the article... e.g. steal with any two cards. when they stick to the shc they will fold nearly every hand and when they reraise you can fold easily most of the time.

but i think benjo could tell you more about it :D
    • undercover82
      Shortstacks are out to rule the world! (Insert evil laugh)
      Anyway whenever i play bigstack i search only for tables where there are not many shortstacks.
      Maybe you should try to play on different times like late at night (Germans usually go to bed early) or start playing SH.
    • boschman123
      thx frzl, think i missed that artical.
      helps a lot and im more relaxed now to face those little %$#(*@&**.

i came to notice that every time a sss'er limps , he folds to a raise.
      and indeed, it is easy to pick up the blinds from them, even a minraise will do.
      and i also come to learn that a sss player who allready doubled up and is waiting for the blind to exit the table is a force to be reckoned with. if he bets i even fold QQ, they only play AA or KK there, because he is afraid to loose the money.

got any comments about how to play eastblockers?

a lot of players from russia lutvia and ukrania (DONT even mention the romanians) are crazy as hell. playing atc with a vpip of 70/80 they look like the old fashion scudmissiles from the cold war period.
      often tptk is not good enough anymore. runner runner str8s and flushes are the biggest treats. and there is nothing u can do against it imo. they coldcall and call you down and , wonder o wonder, they raise at the river.

greets. bosch
    • awishformore
      I had the same problem at my lower limits when I started. Even when playing SSS yourself, you have to watch out for other SSS players :>.

I ended up playing my own style again, and whenever I meet a SSS now, I'm quite happy, because they are so easily readable. I almost always get money from them, and don't lose it to them ;) .

P.S.: you just need patience against those "eastblockers". Mostly, they won't hit those two runners xD
    • boschman123
      well , if u cant beat them , join them.

played sss for 2 days at NL25 ( 4 x 1 hour ) and im up $125.
      the game is as easy as hell (wich religion u believe in , i dont care, but they all have a hell). espessially with a good contibet u can make a lot of money.

i have to make a dissicioun soon. play : SSS (i feel ashamed), BSS at NL50 or starting with the thing i like most, the sngs. my bankroll allowes me to play at the $11 sng tables soon.

choices choices choices.

have fun all, i know i do.
    • awishformore
      SSS is not fun for me, but it's definately profitable and effective ;) .
    • howard182
      It certainly should be, but I've managed an astounding 0.1 bb/100 short stacking (for extra points to reach aces status) NL200 this month over 6.5k hands. I'm sure I wasn't that bad a short stacker...
    • Nunki
      Originally posted by howard182
      It certainly should be, but I've managed an astounding 0.1 bb/100 short stacking (for extra points to reach aces status) NL200 this month over 6.5k hands. I'm sure I wasn't that bad a short stacker...
      I'm sure you weren't. 6.5k hands has hardly any more relevance than 100 hands if you are trying to assess your play with regards to win-rate.
    • vladnz
      howard182 what's you Party aka?
    • thanhthao85
      pls count 1 sss player for vietnam ^^

If u want to against SSS player, here is the stat

56,312,206 games processed in 05:31 minutes.
      Equity Win Tie Loss Hand
      Player 1: 29.410 % 29.362 % 0.237 % 70.400 % 22-88
      Player 2: 22.003 % 21.620 % 1.580 % 76.800 % AK
      Player 3: 18.758 % 18.375 % 1.580 % 80.045 % AQ
      Player 4: 16.093 % 15.710 % 1.580 % 82.710 % AJ
      Player 5: 13.737 % 13.354 % 1.580 % 85.066 % AT

I know this weakness of SSS, so I tried to avoid these situations.
      However, SSS is really profitable and effective. As pokerstrategy said its only usable in microlimit.
    • Berliner1982
      If you use the starting concepts of SSS Play which is presented by PokerStrategy and develop it more and more over the time, it´s also very profitable in higher limits as well.
    • Puschkin81
      Berliner1982 is right. Some of our highrollers - like for example Alaton - are playing the SSS profitable on NL5000! We recommend the SSS for beginners because it is the easiest way to learn No Limit AND play profitable.

Good luck at the tables!
    • snowylee
      Wow, thats awesome :)