[NL2-NL10] Low all in EV, a few hands

• davecc
      davecc
      Bronze
      Ive got some low all in ev and a large losing first session. I know a large part of that is not protecting blinds and stealing, which is fine because I understand that and it is relatively easy to do but I wasnt focusing on the table much. Ill re-read all the articles before playing again as well.

Some hands Id like reviewed though for what Ive done wrong (sorry.. transferring from PT3, cant find any information for an auto transfer, bear with me please)

1) Dealt to hero [Kd Qs]
      bb posts the small blind of $0.02
      sb posts the big blind of $0.05
      1 fold
      utg2 calls $0.05.
      2 folds
      hero raises to $0.25.
      BU calls $0.25.
      3 folds

Dealing Flop [4c 8d 8s]

hero bets $0.35.
      bu calls $0.35.

Dealing Turn [Ah]

hero bets $0.64, and is all-in.
      bu calls $0.64.
      :::::::::
      Is the C-bet worth anything? Since I missed the turn I should give up the hand right, it is nl5 after all, and lots of cards will call.

2) NL5. I raise 20 preflop with AK, get called. The flop comes 8 :heart: 7 :spade: 2 :spade: . Villain checks I raise 30, villain calls and then did a checkdown from there out.
      ::::
      The bet wouldnt force much out in this case. Draws, pairs and high cards would stay, or is this just hindsight?

3)Final hand (though there are more of course, but Ill limit myself)

Im on BU with 88. 1 limper, I raise to 25. SB calls.
      Flop 5 :heart: 9 :spade: 2 :spade: . check check.
      turn K :club: I lead out, but dont go all in. SB calls
      river A :heart: check check.

Is that an ok play, or should I have gone all in if I decided to bet the turn. Thanks for your time, I appreciate the input.
  • 4 replies
    • tigerK
      tigerK
      Bronze
      try the pokerstrategy hand manager, weaktight or stoxxx poker to make your hands easily readable.

My advice: forget about the automatic c-bet in low limits (until NL25). I don't explain why you already have the clues.

First hand:
      BU called behind you, very bad situation with you're very dominated hand. You don't touch the flop. Forget about c-betting here, it's a very bad spot OOP. You'll be call by too many pourcents of his range to make your c-bet ev+. And you just have 8 outs (probably less clean) for the turn, a very bad equity remaining though. check/fold flop is the right moove.
      As played the second barrel turn is bad as well cause you don't have enough fold equity on his range to make it ev+.
      Just think about this: does this situation worth to play your whole stack with QKo on 872A?

Second hand:
      Check behind flop. The c-bet is bad cause you make call hands who actually beat you and make fold hands you actually beat.

Third hand:
      Lol, The only hand you have to c-bet and you just don't do it. Why are you waiting an overcard to bet?!? I assume you do like to give free cards when you have fragile leading hand.
      Very bad play.
      You need to understand what protection means on a poker table.

Follow my advice: play fit or fold, think value.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey davecc,

the best way to post hands is to copy the hand history from PT3 and convert it with a hand converter, the best it's to use the one provided by PS.com...

Hand converter

First hand:

preflop and flop c-bet is fine, this board will miss villain a lot and he will have to give up almost all the hands except PP. However, after your flop c-bet gets called you should shut down and give up the hand as he is very unlikely to fold his hand.

Second hand:

It's nice hand according to basic strategy, but I would prefer to just check/fold the hand all the way unless improved, because it's a kind of board it perfectly hits a loose low limit player.

Third hand:

Preflop is fine. On the flop a c-bet is mandatory, because you very likely still have the best hand, because there's only a 9 as an overcard, but you need to protect against more overcards and against a flushdraw. So, c-bet this flop and then you can even consider going all-in on the turn.

P.S.: There is no problem if you have more hands to post, the only thing I would ask you, is to use a converter and post each hand individually for a better overview.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • davecc
      davecc
      Bronze
      Sorry for the dumb question, but how can I get the history off pt3?
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      I don't use PT3, so I can't give you a useful answer, but you might want to check in poker software forum or ask the question there and I'm sure someone will help you in no time.

Poker software forum