SB = ($24.79) Tight
      BB = ($4.65) SSS
      UTG1 = ($4.02)
      UTG2 = ($4.22)
      MP1 = ($37.97) - Tight Aggresive
      MP2 = ($5.00)
      MP3(Hero) = ($8.73)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, K.
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.75, MP2 folds, Hero calls $0.75, 2 folds, SB raises to $3.40, BB raises to $4.65, MP1 raises to $37.97, 2 folds.

Flop: ($46.77) 7, 3, 2 (0 players)
      MP1 gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($46.77) 2 (0 players)

River: ($46.77) 6 (0 players)

Should i reraise after MP1 Raised? Since i know he only plays with something.
  • 13 replies
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      Why are you playing with 35bb? I assume you are playing sss and have just won a hand and are waiting for the blinds to sit out, otherwise you are in an unprofitable situation even before the cards are dealt.

Never, ever call preflop with KK - the worst possible thing that can happen with KK is seeing an A hit the flop in a multiway pot because you let other people get in cheaply. It is almost never a mistake to go all in with kings. You should 3-bet this big to scare away hands like AQ, AJ and AT which may suck out on you.
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      +1 Calling with KK is a mistake, first you are losing value and second you give players behind you better odds to call with marginal hands. As played I would never fold KK here, can't be scared of AA expecially in a cash game.
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      I play SSS starting with $5, yes won few uncontested hand before.

Normally, i play Reraise or All in, but since i've been losing my KK a lot recently, i only go check/raise/allin after the flop.
    • goudviske
      goudviske
      Bronze
      First off all, like above, you should reraise the KK in that spot. If you would have AA, depending on the opponents behind, I sometimes just call aswell (with some maniac behind who'll make the pot bigger, and who I want to play heads up).

But in this situation, after you called with KK, I dont think you can give it up here, there's so many people in the pot, they can't all have AA, 2 of em probably do have an A, but it's likely they have eachother's outs.

Only place I fold KK is on an A high flop where some passive opponent starts acting all crazy...

Just my 0.02
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Don't ever fold or just call with KK

Oh and.. don't ever fold or just call with KK
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      Sad day for me, just lose again with My...

KK vs JJ all in preflop. JJ hit set on river.
    • phoenix500
      phoenix500
      Bronze
      to be honest, you should have pushed straigt on, theres only one hand thats head of you, I dont know the exact odds but the probability of you being behind a very very slim, and some fool would have called you with QQ JJ ect, especially at that limit
    • kosmonaut111
      kosmonaut111
      Bronze
      Like everyone said, calling with KK is just one of the worst moves in poker imo. IMO you can call a raise with any other two cards, but if see an A on a multiway pot, you have to fold your kings. You just lose so much value.
      With your stack it is impossible to fold KK. It comes in question with STRONG reads or with stacks 200++ BB deep.
    • JayGGX
      JayGGX
      Gold
      no
    • Frakkk
      Frakkk
      Bronze
      Calling and folding KK preflop with a small stack is definietly a punishable mistake :D You will get punished by loosing money.
    • racenutalways
      racenutalways
      Bronze
      Frak is right, you're playing SS for a reason, stick to the plan. Don't play KK differentely because of a few bad beats, get used to it, part of variation. Always re-raise at least 3x his bet +pot if you don't want to go all-in, to know where you are at. If a tagg re-raises you, re-evaluate and go from there. But with 65bbs, you're gonna have a lot invested. Is he the type that goes all-in QQ,AK? Only time you fold KK if hes the type to only re-raise all-in with AA, otherwise it's an easy decision to go all-in.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Originally posted by delete461
      You should 3-bet this big to scare away hands like AQ, AJ and AT which may suck out on you.
      I dont actually believe I am reading this from a PokerStratgy player!

These are the hands you want to call not get to fold, you are not 3 betting to get worse hands to fold, you are 3 betting for value against worse hands like AQ, AJ and AT.

Edit;

3 bet preflop to about $2.25-$2.35 and get it in preflop to any other raise
    • multiSOLA
      multiSOLA
      Bronze
      personaly i think that 3-bet would be the case here becouse of the stack sizes... u dont realy need to be creative with so small stack just stick it in...
      there is no question about what u should do folding is not an option... again not deep enough to even think about that... than secondly even if u are against AA there is some dead money in so no brainer call !

Than fancy plays like backraising with KK suspecting someone in blinds to make a squize play is in my opinion something u dont need to do in so low limits. All u have to do is play your hands well becouse opponents will do mistakes... just play more tables if u wish to earn more.
      Backraising is in my oppinion very advance strategy... not realy worth to use if u dont have an evil plan behind it... much better to use it in live games as a part of meta game so opponents will never ever know what hand you could have.