This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Is this normal?

• bullet101
      bullet101
      Bronze
      Hi , ive been doing farely well lately, except for earlier on... I lost 5 double or nothing sit n gos in one session with no wins! That proves to be quite a setback! And im left confused and not sure what to do next, because i feel im on tilt now. Just want to know from other players if its normal to lose that many in a row, and what do you do after a session like that? Your help would be much appreciated... ?(
  • 4 replies
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      The reason SNG buy in requirements are 30 buy-ins is because it is possible to lose 20+ in a row. Losing 5 in a row is completely normal even for expert players.

At the same time I would make sure you understand the huge differences between the strategy for a DoN and a regular SNG.
    • Snarf85
      Snarf85
      Bronze
      Aaaand, if you play SnGs for any period of time you come to realise that even a 30 BI BRM is kind of a joke. 50-100 BI swings can and do happen. I myself am just recovering from like a 70 BI downer which went on for over 1000 games (Snarf1985 on Stars, check my graph if you like).

5 straight losses is nothing at all (though I don't play DoNs myself, I play 6-max Turbos, I imagine the variance is much less with DoNs but still, I can't imagine 5 BI is anything to worry about).
    • Skeat
      Skeat
      Bronze
      I played a total of 400~500 DoNs so far, quite always in sets of 10. There were times I lost 9 out of 10, or win 9 out of 10. And my sample is quite small.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      Yeah trust me i know exactally how you feel.
      I don't play DoN's but i did play normal SnG's, and i ran so good for ages, so i moved up, and then a huge swing occured, and i didn't move down in limits and kept trying to grind the higher limit, but after reading a few articles and finding my feet in the game again, i managed to bring back my BR nicely :)

im currently grinding cash games :f_biggrin:
      Good luck with them anyway, and never give up, keep reading articles and watch videos!