Focus and maintaining it...

• rgmuzza
      rgmuzza
      Bronze
      Hi all I was just wondering if anyone else has a lot of trouble maintaining focus in online poker? I have many cases where I know I shouldn't play cards and I will just because I want to play a hand or not fully concentrating on what others could have. I just cant seem to take online poker anywhere near as seriously as live play. I lose a lot of cash this way and notice I don't do it in live play.

I guess I'm just wondering how you guys handle it and stop yourselves from getting bored while not in a lot of hands.
  • 10 replies
    • Janusrichmond
      Janusrichmond
      Bronze
      Play more then one table at the same time. It´s a bit tricky in the beginning but after a while its not very hard. Much more action which makes it more fun!
    • rgmuzza
      rgmuzza
      Bronze
      What size screen do you use? my eyes arent very good and so I need the tables at a decent size to see the cards and multi-tabling gets tricky for me on my 22"
    • kenshin79
      kenshin79
      Basic
      ya, 1 table is so boring, it should more than 2 to keep focus
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      Try playing 9+ tables at once, it will really really help.
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      ....more the tables , weaker your game....
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Agiz19
      Thats not necicerally true...Some players have leaks in there game playing 1 or 2 tables that arnt there if you play 9 or 12.
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      more tables, more waiting for QQ+ hands and AKs, AQs....in my opinion this is not poker anymore but waiting for the strongest hands and shipping it allin hoping to win , its just bad, like that noone will ever be great poker player , maybe making money is easier and more efficient. But still waiting for the nuts is retarded , i tried that and all i got was suckouts and crackks...
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PocketAcesJohn
      Thats not necicerally true...Some players have leaks in there game playing 1 or 2 tables that arnt there if you play 9 or 12.
      I agree, playing more tables can stop you from playing marginal hands when you get bored. Need to have a solid game fist or you will end up losing money.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      more tables, more waiting for QQ+ hands and AKs, AQs....in my opinion this is not poker anymore but waiting for the strongest hands and shipping it allin hoping to win , its just bad, like that noone will ever be great poker player , maybe making money is easier and more efficient. But still waiting for the nuts is retarded , i tried that and all i got was suckouts and crackks...
      Who said anything about waiting for the nuts? Playing 9 or 12 tables i'll still personally play suited conectors, low pocket pairs, A-Xs etc if the implied odds are good enough.
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Maybe u should try the audio technology that supposedly helps u focus better. Basically it's like music only it has other tones incorporated that help ur brain work harder. Open the wikipedia and look for "Brainwave synchronization".