This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Focus and maintaining it...

• rgmuzza
      rgmuzza
      Bronze
      Hi all I was just wondering if anyone else has a lot of trouble maintaining focus in online poker? I have many cases where I know I shouldn't play cards and I will just because I want to play a hand or not fully concentrating on what others could have. I just cant seem to take online poker anywhere near as seriously as live play. I lose a lot of cash this way and notice I don't do it in live play.

I guess I'm just wondering how you guys handle it and stop yourselves from getting bored while not in a lot of hands.
  • 10 replies
    • Janusrichmond
      Janusrichmond
      Bronze
      Play more then one table at the same time. It´s a bit tricky in the beginning but after a while its not very hard. Much more action which makes it more fun!
    • rgmuzza
      rgmuzza
      Bronze
      What size screen do you use? my eyes arent very good and so I need the tables at a decent size to see the cards and multi-tabling gets tricky for me on my 22"
    • kenshin79
      kenshin79
      Basic
      ya, 1 table is so boring, it should more than 2 to keep focus
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      Try playing 9+ tables at once, it will really really help.
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      ....more the tables , weaker your game....
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Agiz19
      Thats not necicerally true...Some players have leaks in there game playing 1 or 2 tables that arnt there if you play 9 or 12.
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      more tables, more waiting for QQ+ hands and AKs, AQs....in my opinion this is not poker anymore but waiting for the strongest hands and shipping it allin hoping to win , its just bad, like that noone will ever be great poker player , maybe making money is easier and more efficient. But still waiting for the nuts is retarded , i tried that and all i got was suckouts and crackks...
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PocketAcesJohn
      Thats not necicerally true...Some players have leaks in there game playing 1 or 2 tables that arnt there if you play 9 or 12.
      I agree, playing more tables can stop you from playing marginal hands when you get bored. Need to have a solid game fist or you will end up losing money.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      more tables, more waiting for QQ+ hands and AKs, AQs....in my opinion this is not poker anymore but waiting for the strongest hands and shipping it allin hoping to win , its just bad, like that noone will ever be great poker player , maybe making money is easier and more efficient. But still waiting for the nuts is retarded , i tried that and all i got was suckouts and crackks...
      Who said anything about waiting for the nuts? Playing 9 or 12 tables i'll still personally play suited conectors, low pocket pairs, A-Xs etc if the implied odds are good enough.
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Maybe u should try the audio technology that supposedly helps u focus better. Basically it's like music only it has other tones incorporated that help ur brain work harder. Open the wikipedia and look for "Brainwave synchronization".