This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 - a,a - turn

• elco49
      elco49
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $1.12
      CO:
      $9.26
      BU:
      $6.72
      SB:
      $3.57
      BB(Hero):
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, A.
      MP3 raises to $0.20, CO calls $0.20, BU folds, SB calls $0.15, Hero raises to $1.00, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.80, SB folds.

Flop: ($2.4) J, J, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, CO calls $1.50.

Turn: ($5.4) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO raises to $6.76(All-In), Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5.4.

If he would have checked behind and bet a blank river what should I have done?
  • 4 replies
    • davecc
      davecc
      Bronze
      On the flop I would bet about $2+, it looks like you're trying to keep him in the hand with your bet, which is tempting with AA.

There is a flush AND straight draw out there, so bet more. If he calls and bets a dangerous card, I would call and then c/f from there out. I might call a smaller river bet.

His over bet looks like hes trying to scare you out, I would take that into consideration here too. I think he had T + overcard :diamond: or even a lower PP
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      Raise more preflop since you have 2 flat callers + you're OOP.

I am never calling that turn bet.

After a blank river, I would likely still check it to him... folding to a large bet.
    • davecc
      davecc
      Bronze
      I didnt notice the preflop play, good thing you did. I agree with above for it.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Agreed, raise a bit more preflop. As played to compensate for that mistake and be able to shove a blank turn i'd c-bet a bit more on the flop too.

On the turn everything got there and unless he feels like turning some Tx or unlikely KK/QQ made hands into bluffs, which most players won't, you beat virtually nothing.

Hope it helps.