This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 - a,k - multiway flop

• elco49
      elco49
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $8.90
      BB:
      $7.48
      MP2:
      $9.62
      MP3:
      $9.90
      CO(Hero):
      $11.68
      BU:
      $13.47

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, K.
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, 2 folds, BB calls $0.40, MP3 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.55) Q, 3, J (3 players)
      BB bets $0.80, MP3 folds, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.55.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Hard to say if you can't give him credit for knowing that he needs a stronger range to bet into the MP3 fish, he could have anything from any pair to some draw to pure air.

Against a tag i'd be worried that raising might induce a jam from decent draws in that spot, but he's kind of a halfstacker so i don't mind just 3x'ing his donk and seeing what happens. Sometimes he'll fold, he'll probably rarely 3bet, and if he calls we still have position, two overcards that might be live, a gutshot to the nuts and a backdoor nutflush draw, so it's not like we're dead or anything. We'll be able to make close to perfect decisions on the following streets.

I certainly wouldn't fold at higher stakes, but at the micros folding is certainly fine it'll keep you from making a costly mistake when you don't have a read on the player.

Hope it helps.