This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH A8s

• Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Holdem
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG Greenphat ($5.27)
      CO Hero ($5.32)
      BTN MamaHalili ($5.95)
      SB Fridenn ($5)
      BB MailmanMel ($10)

Pre-Flop: ($0.07, 5 players) Hero is CO 8:heart: A:heart:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.30, 1 fold, Fridenn calls $0.28, 1 fold

Flop: 10:club: A:spade: Q:heart: ($0.65, 2 players)
      Fridenn bets $0.45, Hero calls $0.45

Turn: 2:heart: ($1.55, 2 players)
      Fridenn bets $0.70, Hero raises to $2.20, Fridenn goes all-in $4.25, Hero calls $2.05

River: K:club: ($10.05, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $10.05

Ignore pre-flop 30 cent raise, was supposed to be 20 cents.

Turn? Obv I have to call after I raise.. but think just calling may have been better. Did the raise cause it seemed like he was slowing down.
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      I just call in these spots. Top pair + FD is an easy shove on the flop, but you don't have enough equity vs a better top pair sort of hand on the turn.

Raising you might fold better hands like A9 or AJ, but nothing worse is going to call.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm also calling the turn. Really when he calls preflop even tho you made a huge raise than shows enough interest on AQTr to follow up on the turn i think he's strong enough that you have really low fold equity, so i'm calling the turn with a disguised redraw and i expect to be able to get at least a decent river best out of him every time i hit. Unless maybe he has QT and the river is the Kh.

Hope it helps.