This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH KK set

• Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Holdem
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG Hero ($9.36)
      CO gierek1986 ($6.40)
      BTN Haraldpokert ($5.82)
      SB dickertoni ($10.22)
      BB vasjka ($3.93)

Pre-Flop: ($0.07, 5 players) Hero is UTG K:diamond: K:club:
      Hero raises to $0.20, gierek1986 calls $0.20, 3 folds

Flop: 5:club: K:spade: 3:club: ($0.47, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, gierek1986 calls $0.30

Turn: 2:club: ($1.07, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.65, gierek1986 calls $0.65

River: 8:diamond: ($2.37, 2 players)
      Hero checks, gierek1986 bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90

Final Pot: $4.17

I think I misplayed river... turn already somewhat
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Value bet the river. There aren't really many busted draw's so bluff induction just gives villian a chance to check his medium strength stuff behind. Most flush draw's would have raised on the turn + your blocking Kx combinations. He can still call with the last king, underpairs, weird two pair etc. Probably bet a tiny bit more on the flop and turn to build a pot.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      Value bet the river. There aren't really many busted draw's so bluff induction just gives villian a chance to check his medium strength stuff behind. Most flush draw's would have raised on the turn + your blocking Kx combinations. He can still call with the last king, underpairs, weird two pair etc. Probably bet a tiny bit more on the flop and turn to build a pot.
      I agree mostly. His range on the river is probably Kx, some pocket pair with one club, occasionally a slowplayed flush. Two pairs aren't so likely given the board, and they probably would have felt the need to raise earlier. So unless you can't bet/fold for value because you have strong reasons to believe he might just jam a worse hand and you don't feel like you can profitably call it off, i still think it's worth bet/folding instead of check/calling.

Hope it helps.