Effective Rakeback on FT

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Ok, so this is probably the million dollar question, but I'll ask it anyway.
      What is effective rakeback for a PS.com tracked player?

Assumptions

Excluding Full Tilt Academy points, there are 3 ways to earn rakeback on FT for PS tracked accounts:

a.) PS Rakeback @ 27%
      b.) FTP
      c.) Iron Man medals.

Lets say for the sake of argument that I play SnGs on FT and earn around 300 FPP per day and that in so doing I earn about 50$ of rake for FT each day (not sure if that is possible/compatible).

Does anyone have any clue what the real value of the rakeback I could get for this level of play is and how best to turn IM medals and FTP into cold, hard cash?

I guess ideally I would get to a formula something like this:

< Total RB = 27% PS.com RB, [4]% FTP, and [2]% for IM medals, for an 'effective' rakeback of 33% >

But I have no idea how to go about working out the second 2 parts of the formula based on the suggested volume above. Can anyone give me any pointers?

Sorry if this is just treading the same old ground as someone else's post :rolleyes:

Tim
  • 13 replies
    • Sczcepanik
      Sczcepanik
      Bronze
      Hi there...

200 FTP per day (minimum for Iron Man), gives your around 45-50 Strategy Points.
      Soo, with the basic calc of: ( 45 * 7 (days) / 2 ) * 0,27 = $ 42,50 +-
      With the top of 50, you will get $ 47,25 +-

Soo, with 200 FTP during all days (without any discount that would affect your rakeback), you will get between $42,00 - $48,00 per week.

(I got this calcs since I am doing a insane Iron Man Challenge on my community).

Hope it help on something...
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Tim,

I have a few figures in a spreadsheet somewhere from when I was getting Iron status consistently.
      If you bear with me a couple of days, I'll try to fish them out for you :)

Best regards,

Bart
    • Schris7
      Schris7
      Bronze
      but is there any way to spend the ftps to have a profit without affecting the rb ? :)
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Schris7
      but is there any way to spend the ftps to have a profit without affecting the rb ? :)
      Each FTP is worth approximately $0.005 (i.e. half a cent each). This is the value used by Full Tilt on the FTP buy-in tournaments and within their store.

The effect on your rakeback is only 27% of this value, so each FTP point costs you only $0.00135 (or in other words around 1/7th of one cent each).

The effect is pretty minimal and still a good deal in my opinion.

The official word from Full Tilt is that all FTP spent will be charged at this rate, I don't know of any way around this.

Best regards,

Bart
    • zamoda
      zamoda
      Bronze
      Just value each FTP at 0.00365$ after rakeback reduce.

so, by playing SNG's/tournaments you get 7 ftp for 1 $ rake.

so additional RB is 2.555 % without happy hour bonus

I am not sure how to value ironman program, but 1 medal is worth 0.2$ at best rate (600$ bonus for 3000 medals, I am not sure if that will efect RB, so it might be 0.2 - 27%). also you get mid year/end of year bonus.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Thanks all for your comments. I think Zamoda is closest to what I had in mind.

150 medals/month looks doable (without killing myself) long term. On this basis, I need to get this for 20 months to earn 3000 medals to exchange for $600. Works out at $30/month or $1 per day. But vs my $50 of rake this is around 2%.

With the 2.555% for FTP and PS rakeback, we're looking at overall RB of around 31.5%

Obviously, Iron Man can be considerably more lucrative for very high volume (IronMan Plus) and many year's loyalty, but this seems a decent starting point.

Question remains, how best to turn FTP into $....

Thanks again.

edit: I see from the Iron Man store that 140 medals can be exchanged for 1 $24+2 tourney entry. This shows that our approximation of 150 medals = $30 is about right.
    • bernie0303
      bernie0303
      Bronze
      only for CG (maybe this can help someone who is searching for his "real" rakeback).

i calculated the same for my own a few days ago, here is the result:

~ roundabout 5,5k FTPs/month (+1k happy hour)
      ~ SH (~5,5 players per table)
      ~ iron man

rake:
      5,5k FTPs / players -> 5,5k / 5,5 -> i pay 1,000$ rake

rakeback:
      27% -> 270$ per month

FTPs:
      1k FTPs -> ~3$
      so 6,5k -> 20$

midyear bonus:
      100$ per month, but as i only play for 5,5k FTPs it is only 60$/month

cardrunners account:
      6 month membership -> 40$/month
      12 month membership -> 28$/month
      so i would say it is worth about 35$/month

ironman medals:
      for 3 month and ironman u get 120 medals -> 15$ (cash bonus affects rakeback, but sng tickets dont, so they are better)

so on total:
      i pay 1k rake / month, my rakeback (in the third month) was about 400$ -> 40% rakeback

furthermore there is the monthly ironman-freeroll, which is a ton better than the few medals (should be pretty easy to get ITM, for both, people who play cg and those who play sng).

i'm sorry for my bad english. feel free to correct the mistakes.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Hi - this is really useful, thanks.

Could you explain about the Cardrunners a/c and how you take advantage of it?

Also, do I have to opt in to mid yr bonus or is it automatic?

Tim
    • bernie0303
      bernie0303
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      Hi - this is really useful, thanks.

Could you explain about the Cardrunners a/c and how you take advantage of it?
      well, i just dont have to pay for an account. that simple :D

Also, do I have to opt in to mid yr bonus or is it automatic?
      no need to opt in. all u have to do is to get an ironman status in december and/or june.

thats what ur bonus will be:
      bronze: 25$
      silver: 50$
      gold: 75$
      iron: 100$

so if u reach silver in september, and gold from oktober to december, ur endyear bonus will be: 50 + 75 + 75 + 75 -> 275$.

have to to now. if i forgot something ... hmmm ... maybe someone will help u with that :f_smile:
    • nexalp
      nexalp
      Bronze
      does the medals spent on the iron man shop affect the rakeback?
      i would like to use my medals instead of my FTPs for the RSA token
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nexalp
      Yes it does, full details in the Important sticky (save keep writing it out).

RSA token? Not sure what this is.

Best regards,

Bart
    • bernie0303
      bernie0303
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      this token makes your account safe. u may know it from pokerstars.
      full tilt launched the sale of these at the last update (i think it was yesterday).

so if u want to get in your account, this token will show u a kind of password for 30 seconds. u have to enter that and your password. so if a hacker wants to get in your account, he needs your pw AND your token.
    • nexalp
      nexalp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      Originally posted by nexalp
      Yes it does, full details in the Important sticky (save keep writing it out).

Best regards,

Bart
      thank you, i saw the sticky just after my post here

now i just need to make some maths to understand if it's cheaper to buy the RSA token with FTPs or ironman medals ^^