[NL2-NL10] NL25 big slick

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)     
      Position:
      Stack
      BU:
      $21,65
      SB:
      $5,53
      Hero:
      $4,75

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A:diamond: , K:heart:
      Hero raises to $1,00, 4 folds, BU calls $1,00, SB calls $0,90, BB folds.

Flop: ($3,25) 4:spade: , 2:spade: , 6:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3,75 (All-In), BU calls $3,75, SB folds.

Turn: ($10,75) T:diamond:
      River: ($10,75) 3:spade:

Final Pot: $10,75

All-in or check/fold against unknowns

2)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG+2:
      $20,90
      MP2:
      $20,21

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:spade: , A:club:
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 raises to $2,00, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $2,00, 2 folds, Hero raises to $4,30 (All-In), 2 folds, UTG+2 calls $2,30, MP2 calls $2,30.

Flop: ($13,25) J:diamond: , 2:heart: , Q:heart: (2 players)
      UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: ($13,25) 5:heart: (2 players)

River: ($13,25) 2:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $13,25

I think that all-in is fine here.

3)
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $22,25
      Hero:
      $4,75

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , K:club:
      6 folds, CO calls $0,25, BU folds, Hero raises to $1,25, BB folds, CO raises to $2,25, Hero calls $1,00.

Flop: ($4,75) 6:heart: , A:club: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $4, Hero raises to $2,50 (All-In).

Turn: ($11,25) 9:spade:
      River: ($11,25) J:diamond:

Final Pot: $11,25

Don´t know if I should move all-in right away or call and then move all-in with any flop or if I don´t hit anything then check/fold

4)
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $21,45
      Hero:
      $5

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:heart: , K:heart:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0,25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1,25, 2 folds, MP2 calls $1,00.

Flop: ($2,85) 3:spade: , 4:diamond: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $1,50, MP2 raises to $3,00, Hero raises to $3,75 (All-In), MP2 calls $0,75.

Turn: ($10,35) 8:spade:
      River: ($10,35) Q:diamond:

Final Pot: $10,35

Here I should fold, but pot odds are very good (have to put in 2,25$ to win 8$)

5)
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $23,75
      Hero:
      $4,90

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A:heart: , K:diamond: . CO posts a blind of $0,25.
      UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to $1,25, MP1 raises to $2,25, 6 folds, Hero calls $1,00.

Flop: ($5,10) 6:diamond: , 2:heart: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $2,75, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $7,85

All-in pre-flop/flop?
  • 5 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      1)I try for a free card in that spot.

2)AK is ideal in this spot.NH.

3)With stack-sizes it doesn't matter too much whether you push pre-flop or not. Interestinglty it is a fold PF if villain's playing QQ+,AK.

4)Ugly, but you are priced in to call here. I see no escape.

5)See 3) above. Flop fold looks good as you're splitting at best here versus any rational villain.
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      1) I think your all-in is good here. SB usually would bet around potsize on the flop if he was under low pockets, So I think most times you're ahead here. if SB moved you immediatly to all-in, I would fold with this flop.

2) nothing wrong with going all-in with AK preflop I think (especially against big stacks)

3) Sometimes (rarely, but sometimes) A on the flop can scare away hands like QQ JJ TT (you don't get max profit if you hit on the flop), so would be better to go all-in preflop I think. but all in all, I don't think it matters that much.

4) with this kind of flop, raise usually means you're behind. ofcourse he could be on a draw, against which your hand would be ok, but mostly I think MP2 has pockets here against which you are quite much behind. I would fold the raise and wait a better opportunity.

5) I would go all-in preflop - from my experience, AK is good and profitable hand to go all-in with at preflop if you raised on preflop and someone reraised you. (especially on NL25 where bigstacks raises often even with AJ AQ)
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      1. Since you are against 2 opponents , i would check/fold it. Against a single opponent you could do a normal contibet (Your stack size would be too big in that occasion to go directly all in)
      2. Good play. I think such overraising from early pos usually means a medium pair like 77-TT that he desperately wants to protect from overcards.
      3. Go directly all-in after his reraise. The thing if you call is , no matter what flop you get, you have to go all in since you get 3:1 on your money. So go all in preflop.
      4. He might be holding a small pocket here , against which you have the odds to call his minreraise. Thats why you should probably go directly all in on the flop yourself to maximize fold equity.
      5. Same as hand 3, go directly all-in. Check/fold was too weak here since you only had to call an amount of around half the pot.

There is no flat calling a raise preflop in SSS , except perhaps a minraise in special occasions. Its push or fold.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Thanks for advises

So no calling then with AK:)

Nunki 3 and 5. He re-raise with AT on the 3rd example (so their hand range isn´t quite qq+, AK)
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Nunki 3 and 5. He re-raise with AT on the 3rd example (so their hand range isn´t quite qq+, AK)

Interestinglty it is a fold PF if villain's playing QQ+,AK.

My point is that betting it all PF/becoming tied to the pot with AK can be wrong. You can sometimes get away. Sometimes you can be very happy to bet it all PF with AK. At NL10 I saw someone call 100BB with AT!!! Low hanging fruit.