5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

UTG jakobs55 ($7.35)
      CO OJG3N ($7.80)
      BTN $exy Julian ($27.85)
      SB Hero ($24.10)
      BB KorNPL ($17.45)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Hero is SB 9:heart: 8:heart:
      1 fold, OJG3N calls $0.10, $exy Julian raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.25, 1 fold, OJG3N calls $1.15, $exy Julian calls $0.85

Flop: A:club: A:diamond: 8:club: ($3.85, 3 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, OJG3N folds, $exy Julian calls $2.50

Turn: 2:heart: ($8.85, 2 players)
      Hero checks, $exy Julian bets $4.40, Hero calls $4.40

River: J:heart: ($17.65, 2 players)
      Hero checks, $exy Julian checks

Final Pot: $17.65

Villain is 42/36 and a very good LAG (Nl100 standard, he is also rebuilding hsi roll). He can adjust to me, I adjust to him.
      I never put him on A in this spot, should I have c/shoved turn?
      I know he was floating me flop.. but I got scared on he turn because we were so deep.
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      Wouldn't second barreling accomplish the same thing as c/shoving (fold floats, 99-JJ), but with less risk in the case he has an ace?
    • MaestroOfZerg

First off i think it's not unreasonable for him to show up with some Ax hands, not everybody will just 4bet middling Axs hands while 250bb deep, calling to see a flop would be fine especially if they're suited.

On the turn i think check/calling is the best play, you'll only isolate yourself against hands that crush you when you shove since he isn't at all committed, so unless you have enough history for him to herocall some underpair there it just makes your river decision easier. I'd would check/call the turn and probably check/call the river since he's a lag, you're deep so he can put a lot of pressure on you and your hand is face up as some showdown hand that didn't want a huge pot.

@johnbeattie85: it's hard to get money from his floats if you bet into them, check/shoving lets him bet his floats before he has to fold. With really sick history you might bet/shove the turn if you expect him to take that line with his floats or a draw, but that's like overly complicated.

Hope it helps.