CO ($10)
      BU ($10)
      SB ($10)
      BB ($10)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4 , 4
      3 folds, MP raises to $0.40, 5 folds, Hero calls $0.40

Flop: ($0.85) 4d, Ac, Ad (2 players)
      Hero...?

It´s easy to see him with an ace here. Say that you check raise him and he calls.

The turn brings a queen or a king. Villain goes all-in. What now? How to know if villain has the Aces full or not?
  • 6 replies
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      Turn brings K, he could still have AQ or even worse aces. Still go broke
    • allinnutz
      allinnutz
      Basic
      if he has Ak,Aq, thats just a bad beat just put him on the range of hands he plays- i don't think i'd get away from bottoms full - unless i was 70% sure he has AK AQ, because he's also calling you with pocket 99,10 ect, not putting you on the A. I think it's right to put him on the A, but if the turn comes K,Q,J i think you're going to have to go broke on that type of board, because theres so many hands that he could have.
    • Falco84
      Falco84
      Bronze
      I would go for broke with this hand, no doubt about that.

If he shows a better full then mine, I'll just say nice hand and that's it. It's a real fortune when this kind of flop hits you and you need to extract as much as you can.

I've had a hand similar like this not long ago, and i posted it in the hand evaluation threads.

I was on the button with 77, UTG raises, but he was a maniac, he raised 80% of the hands, two callers after him and I call.

7KK comes out on a 4 way pot, and I had a maniac in the pot to extract value for me.

The maniac bets, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, and I call. 6 comes out I raise, the maniac folds and MP1 goes all in. I call and he shows KK. My full house landing on a four of a kind.

It happens, but the thing is that I played the best that was able. And I don't think that when I hopefully get old and still play poker like Doyle Brunson I'll play that hand differently.

That's not even a bad beat. That's poker at it's best.
    • allinnutz
      allinnutz
      Basic
      Yeah and if you're laying down Full houses. 10% of the time, you're usually right like 1 in 1000 times i think heh, so when the -cold deck- does happen i think you're never getting away from it, sadly.

it's poker. ^^
    • suaveplayer
      suaveplayer
      Bronze
      Based on everybody´s opinion the right thing is never lay down the full house without strong reads. The thing is the Villain is a Rock, as described, and he raised from MP1, so I can´t put him on any ace weaker than a AQ. Of course he could have called with some pair. Conclusion is: I´m going broke!!

Thanks everyone.
    • suaveplayer
      suaveplayer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Falco84

The maniac bets, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, and I call. 6 comes out I raise, the maniac folds and MP1 goes all in. I call and he shows KK. My full house landing on a four of a kind.

It happens, but the thing is that I played the best that was able. And I don't think that when I hopefully get old and still play poker like Doyle Brunson I'll play that hand differently.

That's not even a bad beat. That's poker at it's best.

Whoa, thats a big , BIG cooler, I can´t imagine anything worse in this game than running your full house into quads. Must be really sad.