This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Playing this set for value.

• suaveplayer
      suaveplayer
      Bronze
      Taken from the Quiz:

Stacks & Stats
      UTG ($10)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      UTG+2 ($10)
      MP ($10) Rock
      MP1 ($10)
      MP2 ($10)
      CO ($10)
      BU ($10)
      SB ($10)
      BB ($10)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4 , 4
      3 folds, MP raises to $0.40, 5 folds, Hero calls $0.40

Flop: ($0.85) 4d, Ac, Ad (2 players)
      Hero...?

It´s easy to see him with an ace here. Say that you check raise him and he calls.

The turn brings a queen or a king. Villain goes all-in. What now? How to know if villain has the Aces full or not?
  • 6 replies
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      Turn brings K, he could still have AQ or even worse aces. Still go broke
    • allinnutz
      allinnutz
      Basic
      if he has Ak,Aq, thats just a bad beat just put him on the range of hands he plays- i don't think i'd get away from bottoms full - unless i was 70% sure he has AK AQ, because he's also calling you with pocket 99,10 ect, not putting you on the A. I think it's right to put him on the A, but if the turn comes K,Q,J i think you're going to have to go broke on that type of board, because theres so many hands that he could have.
    • Falco84
      Falco84
      Bronze
      I would go for broke with this hand, no doubt about that.

If he shows a better full then mine, I'll just say nice hand and that's it. It's a real fortune when this kind of flop hits you and you need to extract as much as you can.

I've had a hand similar like this not long ago, and i posted it in the hand evaluation threads.

I was on the button with 77, UTG raises, but he was a maniac, he raised 80% of the hands, two callers after him and I call.

7KK comes out on a 4 way pot, and I had a maniac in the pot to extract value for me.

The maniac bets, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, and I call. 6 comes out I raise, the maniac folds and MP1 goes all in. I call and he shows KK. My full house landing on a four of a kind.

It happens, but the thing is that I played the best that was able. And I don't think that when I hopefully get old and still play poker like Doyle Brunson I'll play that hand differently.

That's not even a bad beat. That's poker at it's best.
    • allinnutz
      allinnutz
      Basic
      Yeah and if you're laying down Full houses. 10% of the time, you're usually right like 1 in 1000 times i think heh, so when the -cold deck- does happen i think you're never getting away from it, sadly.

it's poker. ^^
    • suaveplayer
      suaveplayer
      Bronze
      Based on everybody´s opinion the right thing is never lay down the full house without strong reads. The thing is the Villain is a Rock, as described, and he raised from MP1, so I can´t put him on any ace weaker than a AQ. Of course he could have called with some pair. Conclusion is: I´m going broke!!

Thanks everyone.
    • suaveplayer
      suaveplayer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Falco84

The maniac bets, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, and I call. 6 comes out I raise, the maniac folds and MP1 goes all in. I call and he shows KK. My full house landing on a four of a kind.

It happens, but the thing is that I played the best that was able. And I don't think that when I hopefully get old and still play poker like Doyle Brunson I'll play that hand differently.

That's not even a bad beat. That's poker at it's best.

Whoa, thats a big , BIG cooler, I can´t imagine anything worse in this game than running your full house into quads. Must be really sad.