A-Rag and Suited cards.

• allinnutz
      allinnutz
      Basic
      I'm wondering why people decide to play these hands and for what reasons, i see players play these hands mostly all the time online/offline.

i'm pritty sure they're not profitable in the long run, especially you can be in tricky situations with them, but still people decide to play these type of hands. :s_cool:

just wondering everyone elses take on these hands. :)
  • 4 replies
    • Falco84
      Falco84
      Bronze
      I agree completly that A-Rag cards are not at all profitable in the long run. But they can get really annoying when someone calls your AK with A8 and there comes an 8 high flop.

It happens from time to time, but the thing is that this cards can't damage your bankroll but can damage your A game (if your prone on easy tilting) and that deffinately can damage your bankroll.

As for the suited connectors...

It depends how you play them. If I am in position, and I know my opponents then I raise this cards preflop and play them as very good hands. One or two barrels can make them fold, and there is also the chance of hitting a really good flop. And when the flop hits you, you can easily stack your opponent.
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      78 suited has the best probability of beating pocket aces. When most people cal suited connectors they are looking at the implied odds of if they crack a monster hand or a strong hand. And they can be played deceptively because if you call a raise your expected to have high cards. But of course you have to have a big enough stack and enough opponents to get the right amount implied/ pot odds.
    • allinnutz
      allinnutz
      Basic
      When i was talking about suited cards, i wasn't talking about suited connecters, hands, like k5s, ect, i understand the calls with suited connecters, they are great potential against monsters,
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      Originally posted by allinnutz
      When i was talking about suited cards, i wasn't talking about suited connecters, hands, like k5s, ect, i understand the calls with suited connecters, they are great potential against monsters,
      Same sort of idea with implied odds + deception. Any hands can be played profitably depending on the situation. It's not the hands that make people lose money it's the way they play them. If you don't have good post-flop skills or can't read your opponent then a tighter range will be more profitable for you.