'After The Pot' Strategy Articles - BSS, SSS or both

• catalinp2004
      catalinp2004
      Bronze
      Hi everybody!

1st time post: :)

Under the No Limit > Bronze Strategy Section there are these three articles:

# After the Flop - You Have Initiative
      # After the Flop: An Opponent Has Initiative
      # After the Flop: No One Has Initiative

I was wondering if these refer to any of the 2 strategies in particular or are a 'must-learn' for both of them. I am currently playing (or trying to...) SSS

Thank you!
  • 3 replies
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      as far as I can remember, the articles are applicable to all styles. You need to understand the various types of situations you may face.
      For SSS, you're usually the one with initiative since you're mostly trying to win the pot's aggressively, but there are times in advanced play where you will call instead of raise and then you need to understand that kind of situation..

There are also times when you're in BB or SB (sometimes even in late position) and lots of people limp in (and you have odds to complete or call), then of course no one has initiative. So I definitely suggest studying those articles if you don't already have a good grasp of the game.
    • catalinp2004
      catalinp2004
      Bronze
      Thanks! I thought so..
      They are rather lengthy and that sure is a lot of info to absorb at once, but I'm definitely looking into them!
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      Hi

definitly read them and re-read them until you understand them. I'm still working on them myself. I found that unraised pots were my biggest leak after moving to NL25. I play FR SSS at Full Tilt. The articles, videos, and forum are a great resource. Between this and playing small pairs(my second biggest leak) I went from a losing player to a break even player at NL25. I've been working on a few small things and I've started winning at this limit. It's a small win rate for now but it's growing. I find it helpful to read all the articles. I read all the BSS and it helped me understand my opponants better and their ranges.

Good Luck