$1.90
      UTG2:
      $2.92
      MP1:
      $0.88
      MP2:
      $0.62

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, Q.
      CO posts deadblind, 5 folds, CO checks, BU calls $0.02, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.12, CO folds, BU calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.27) 9, K, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, BU calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.67) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($0.67) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, BU raises to $1.00, Hero raises to $5.24, BU calls $1.59.

Final Pot: $5.46.

I think this hand is exceptionally well played by me. What I want to know is if I'm losing any value by checking on the Turn and 'showing' fear from the flush possibility. Only 3 of a kind or a full house (poker? highly unlikely) could've beat me on the flop but I liked my draw with an overcard and top flush but I don't think he would've simply called the flop with a better hand.

Certainly K9, or Q9 were in his range though right?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd do exactly what you did on the river, but on the turn :p It's still possible to get value from Kx and pocket pairs with a spade that you'll miss on some rivers because either the board is 4-flushed and Kx is afraid, or the river blanked out and pocket pairs with a spade no longer have a draw. Or worse it could come a K, a 9, a 2 and suddenly your hand feels like crap, or at least much weaker.

If he has a flush himself or 9x he'll raise the turn so you can shove and get it all-in, i don't see much of a reason to wait until the river unless you've got some sick read that he'll bluff represent the flush all the time and feel confident check/call check/shoving on him.

Hope it helps.