This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AsQs on BB - NL2 FR

• pablomeza
      pablomeza
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $1.37
      CO:
      $0.78
      BU:
      $2.91
      SB:
      $0.81
      BB(Hero):
      $5.56
      UTG1:
      $1.90
      UTG2:
      $2.92
      MP1:
      $0.88
      MP2:
      $0.62

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, Q.
      CO posts deadblind, 5 folds, CO checks, BU calls $0.02, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.12, CO folds, BU calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.27) 9, K, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, BU calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.67) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($0.67) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, BU raises to $1.00, Hero raises to $5.24, BU calls $1.59.

Final Pot: $5.46.

I think this hand is exceptionally well played by me. What I want to know is if I'm losing any value by checking on the Turn and 'showing' fear from the flush possibility. Only 3 of a kind or a full house (poker? highly unlikely) could've beat me on the flop but I liked my draw with an overcard and top flush but I don't think he would've simply called the flop with a better hand.

Certainly K9, or Q9 were in his range though right?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd do exactly what you did on the river, but on the turn :p It's still possible to get value from Kx and pocket pairs with a spade that you'll miss on some rivers because either the board is 4-flushed and Kx is afraid, or the river blanked out and pocket pairs with a spade no longer have a draw. Or worse it could come a K, a 9, a 2 and suddenly your hand feels like crap, or at least much weaker.

If he has a flush himself or 9x he'll raise the turn so you can shove and get it all-in, i don't see much of a reason to wait until the river unless you've got some sick read that he'll bluff represent the flush all the time and feel confident check/call check/shoving on him.

Hope it helps.