Being Iron Man with just $15?

• Sczcepanik
      Sczcepanik
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

Do you think is it possible to be Iron Man (not bronze or gold, its about Iron), on the end of the month, with a starting capital of just $15?

Im asking cause Im thinking of an insane challenge...

LOL, ty for the opinions.
  • 21 replies
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      nice challenge, i think is possible, but you will have to grind a lot on micro limits....as i remember, when i started with 50$ and i was grinding SnG and 0,05/0,1NL fullring i missed IRON MAN but not too much, but i was playing only 3-4hours daily, if you will play more i think you ll make it..good luck!
    • tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      I think it is possible if you will be able to grind NL10 :)
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      probably play 2000 hands every day on NL10
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by excelgeo
      I dont think it will give him IRON... maybe bronze or silver (at 50 FTP per day for 20 days)
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      Originally posted by FWKanobi
      I dont think it will give him IRON... maybe bronze or silver (at 50 FTP per day for 20 days)
      oh he wanted IRON????

ok

in that case it is fairly impossible. you need more than 2k hands at NL10, 9 hours a day 16tabling. and you are not rolled
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      Depends how you go in first 5 days. Get on a heater, move up a limit or two and it should be possible. Not sure the point system works for cash games but I would say that would be the only way with that bankroll. Or, if you're confident with push / fold in SnGs you could play the $3.50 +25c super turbos. They're soft and quick so you could easily play enough to get 200 points per day.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      yeah only if you go outside of BRM
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      I could get 200 pts in about 2 hours at NL25 so it should take like 5 at NL10. Not Impossible. But why would you willingly go through so much pain?
    • Sczcepanik
      Sczcepanik
      Bronze
      Ohh, thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, I began this challenge on my community (Pt - Br).
      (No, im not broke lol)

I was tired of new users that just receive their $50 bonus and get busted on the first 2 weeks. And, while moderating the Full Tilt foruns, lot of guys keep reclaim how hard its to be an Iron Man...

Thats why I started it all. Being Iron Man (pure Iron), with just $15.

Im currently at day 3. The first 2 days were ok. 200 ftp, 23 days to go.

Im using a very hard "break even" strategy, in order to secure my bank until getting rakeback on friday.

The original topic and the challenge cover can be found here:
      http://pt.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=28042

I just opened this topic here, cause I dont have such iron men on my community to give an experienced point about this. ;)

Ty, and now its time to grind! :f_biggrin:
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      I earned over 400 FTP grinding NL10 in 1 day (played for almost 10 hours though :P ) So it's definitely possible, but why is this something you want? To me the medals gained aren't that important as it takes 3000 medals to get $600 which even on iron man would take months and months.
    • Sczcepanik
      Sczcepanik
      Bronze
      Originally posted by THeGaME23
      I earned over 400 FTP grinding NL10 in 1 day (played for almost 10 hours though :P ) So it's definitely possible, but why is this something you want? To me the medals gained aren't that important as it takes 3000 medals to get $600 which even on iron man would take months and months.
      Im a regular Iron Man to, but its about to show new users "how its possible" to have a come back from just $15.

And its about challenging yourself to do it. "Yeah, its just 8 hours a day", but anyone who would do that, need to care about the stress after 25 days, without getting busted... :s_o:
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sczcepanik
      Im a regular Iron Man to, but its about to show new users "how its possible" to have a come back from just $15.

And its about challenging yourself to do it. "Yeah, its just 8 hours a day", but anyone who would do that, need to care about the stress after 25 days, without getting busted... :s_o:
      Okay, I see, it sounds cool man, Good Luck!
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      busto?

:P
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      its pritty easy to do if you 12 or 16 table NL5 (min). if you play SSS you'd have like 15BI so you'd need a little bit of luck...but yes its not as hard as people think.
    • Sczcepanik
      Sczcepanik
      Bronze
      busto?

:P
      Nope, I had a live event this weekend. :s_evil:

6 days done, 19 to go. Currently with $56 + -.

Now its just keep moving foward... I havent updated the topic yet. :f_p:
    • Kemor
      Kemor
      Bronze
      Are u normaly playing NL100 FR SSS on FTP ?
    • Sczcepanik
      Sczcepanik
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kemor
      Are u normaly playing NL100 FR SSS on FTP ?
      No, I was playing NL 10 SSS.
      But now im playing at NL 5 BSS in order to establish.

10-12 tables... better follow BRM for a while. (until next rakeback)

Its "just" 5k hands (NL 5) to get 200 points.
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sczcepanik

Hi . I think it's possible also, but you'll have to grind so much as has been posted already. $50 would have been better, but I see your point with $15.

Do you think so many new players bust easy playing too many tables and grinding too much too soon? I think the newer you are, the more you need a lot of hands at each limit to move up, absorb a lot of beats and a lot of sleep to think about it. If you use up all your tilts in the first two weeks it's more likely you go bust.

I think you have a big advantage in the tilt dept. and the experience you have will just crush the micro limits if you play ABC. New players will have a lot more leaks to work out. I think the tilt factor and the sleep on it factor are underrated.

good luck on the tables. hope you make it.
    • Sczcepanik
      Sczcepanik
      Bronze
      Well... Yeah, its not "impossible" at this point that I have $50+.

Its like starting capital again...
      5k hands per day at NL 5 or 2.3k at NL 10. We know how to do it...

About the new players:

Yes, of course we cant compare this case with a new user. First of all, I dont tilt. Second, I have experience and "equipment" to play 12 tables without going crazy...

A beginner would have trouble with SHC, wouldnt have any idea of what is Table Ninja, table selection, couldnt mix a "break even SSS" until rakeback...

And of course, we would never advice a new player to go rushing 12 tables.