Short stacking earn rates ?

• Llanlad
      Llanlad
      Basic
      First post ..so hello to all :)

A friend of mine who is also a new member has started playing short stacking poker and is trying to get me to do the same !

I play FR .. but ive never really even contemplated playing the short stacking approach ... in fact .. i stay away from tables that have them :)

But ive done the quiz and looked at the starting hand chart etc etc .. and was wondering what kind of earn rate would you be happy with ?

Are we talking 1 maybe 2 PTBB/100 hands ??

Or because you dont possibly need a huge bankroll to get going you can play higher stakes quicker and increase your MGR so as long as you have a decent RB deal .. you could earn most of your money that way ... including bonus's etc ..

TBH .. im just curious .. and will see how far my $50 goes at Cake ..

Thanks in adavance ..
  • 1 reply
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      Hi.

I started with SSS for 2 reasons. First, to big stack with $50 would mean playing NL2. I found I was the only person at the table playing poker at NL2, the other 8 guys were playing craps or something. Table stats for NL2 are funny, like 100% showdowns. Secondly, SSS was the fastest way to clear the bonus. I planned on switching to BSS after I cleared the bonus but have decided to hold off for a while. Instead I moved up to NL25. I'm enjoying multitabling SSS. Now that I'm starting to go beyond the basics SSS has become fun for me. I still play BSS for live poker but that's a whole different game. For me I feel that SSS makes sense until I get a better grasp of stats and online play in general. I've been playing live poker for like 8+ years and I'm still adjusting. SSS was the best way for me to get started but everyone different. If you are used to online poker you might prefer BSS or SNG. For online noobs like my self or poker rookies I think SSS is the safest way to go.

Good luck