[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR KK fold flop?

• saxemephone
      Looking back I think I probably should have folded seeing his AF...

Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:spade: , K:heart: . CO posts a blind of $0.10.
      3 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.60, 5 folds, MP1 calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.45) 6:spade: , 9:club: , T:club: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $1.10, MP1 raises to $4.75, Hero raises to $9.90 (All-In), MP1 raises to $29.10 (All-In), MP1 gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($21.25) 2:diamond:
      River: ($21.25) 2:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $21.25
  • 2 replies
    • michaelqian
      Hmmm..........hard call.

His AF is extremely low, but he plays 25% of his starting hands, seems like a extreme loose passive to me, will probably only raise preflop with aces.

I think I would fold flop in this case, but normally I would shove it all in with a large overpair.

Sets are definitely in his range, probably also a straight, maybe he limped with something like 87 preflop with his 25% VPIP.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Tough but yeah you can likely fold to the flop raise. It's a really bad texture for you, and even tho given his pfr he could have JJ-QQ as well as top pair hands when he gets to the flop, i don't think he's check/pot-raising with those hands, so you're up against stuff like sets/two pairs/straights against which you're doing really bad. Even if he somehow has flushdraws or weird pair + gutshot hands in his range those hands still have a lot of equity against your overpair and it's unlikely he'd just spazz raise them to begin with given how passive he seems.

You usually want to get out of the way when very passive players use their raise button, unless they're steaming for some reason it's probably a very good hand.

Hope it helps.