This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Found a new game...

• FirestormX
      FirestormX
      Bronze
      Last week I was looking around on PokerStars for something new to do. I was getting bored of SSSing and MTTs I was playing, and wanted to throw another game in the mix, just for a bit, just as a break.

I stumbled across the 11+1 180 man turbo SNGs. They seemed really interesting. Only takes a few minutes for one to fill up, which I like (it allows for me to play lots of them at a time), and they were just within the reach of my (very aggressive) BRM. I had ~$1000 at the time on stars, with the rest of my Bankroll (another $600) on Full tilt. I played 10 or 15 without any success, and then something amazing happened... I got first!

Needless to say I was pretty excited, and within about 10 or 15 more tournaments I got a 5th place and a 6th. Propping my BR up to a very happy $1780.

I continued playing and the inevitable happened, I hit a downswing. 50BI with only 1 or 2 24$ cashes. It's pretty frustrating when this happens, and I decided my stop point for these tournaments would be $1300. $200 profit is still a pretty good thing. When playing my last round of tournaments, I managed to obtain another 1st place. Allowing me to keep going.

That was 3 days ago.

In the last few days I've been doing a bit better. I've had a multitude of final table finishes and my BR is now up to $2400. I've now played around 120 of these SNGs and my ROI is hanging out somewhere around 80%, indicating to me that I'm clearly running well above expectation. Regardless I'm happy to have found a new game and look forward to finding out where my ROI ends up in the long term. Another 850 games and I should have a better idea... here we go.
  • 4 replies