50+100 starting capital questions from an American living outside of America

• lavonnewohl
      A few questions regarding the starting capital. I'm aware that it is only available to non-Americans but I am curious if that applies to me as I am an American citizen currently living in Asia and will be for the next year at least.
      I'm currently playing exclusively on pokerstars and I'm assuming since this offer is labelled as starting capital I would be unable to have it deposited into this account?
      I had been planning on depositing some money into FTP or another site somewhere down the road anyway to take advantage of rakeback and a first deposit bonus. Will using this capital in any way affect my ability to get rakeback or a first deposit bonus on any sites?
      I'm currently still having my poker checks sent to my parents house in the US and having them deposit them into my US account (my mother works at my bank and can take care of this a lot easier than I can) so that I can use the money to take care of student loans and other things. Will I be able to set my address within the US and still use this offer?
      Will I encounter any problems with my accounts upon moving back to the US if I use this offer?
  • 3 replies
    • EagleStar88
      Hi lavonnewohl,

Due to the complexity of the current legal framework concerning the U.S. I have passed your questions onto the PokerStrategy Head Admins & legal team seeking clarification.

They or I will get back to you in this thread shortly when we have a answer to each aspect of your questions.

Please bear with us a short while, it shouldn't be too long. Many thanks.

Best regards,

• tokyoaces
      For what it's worth I'm an American living abroad and I got my starting capitol. :heart:

(Oh, but I used my foreign address to set everything up including my Neteller account.)
    • MichaelM
      Hello lavonnewohl,

Unfortunately we are not able to accept members who currently reside in or use banking facilities in the U.S.A. due to the current U.S. legal framework.

In 2006, US lawmakers passed the so called Unlawful Internet Gambling Act (UIGEA). Whilst we believe that it does not apply to PokerStrategy.com, as a legal precaution, it is our policy not to service customers that are currently residing in the USA or use any banking facilities within the U.S.A., which is also why applicants have to indicate that they do not live there when registering.

This not only applies to our $50 free starting capital but also all of our other content. That means we cannot currently allow residents of the USA or those using it's banking facilities to play tracked through our bonus codes and take part in our member rewards system.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused by this.
      If and when the legal situation in the USA changes we hope to also accept US players - but until then we have decided to avoid the legal gray area associated with the decision. This decision also helps to protect yourself from possible future problems getting hold of your own funds.

We are sorry that we therefore have to decline you membership on this occasion, but trust that you appreciate our position and the reasons for it.

Everyone at PokerStrategy.com and it's membership wish you well with your future poker wherever you choose to play.

Best regards,