Play ring games looser?

• rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      Hi all,
      I play mostly sng and mtt. I have dabbled at ring games in the past but never been too successful.
      Due to unforseen circumstances - ie. I needed the money, I recently cashed out my bankroll at FT ( albeit a temporary situation I hope) and have started playing at 888 / Pacific.
      Because I only have a small BR there and the tourny traffic is crap, I am playing 6 seater NL30.
      I have found so far that I naturally seem to be playing much more loose aggresssive than I do in tournament play.
      Is this generally speaking the right way to play cash games or is tight right or is it simply what suits you best?
  • 1 reply
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rhinoneil
      I have found so far that I naturally seem to be playing much more loose aggresssive than I do in tournament play.
      Is this generally speaking the right way to play cash games or is tight right or is it simply what suits you best?
      Tight is right.

However "tight" for 6-max could be as high as 32% VP$IP. :s_cool: My 6-max stats are about 26/18 right now, but I'm just dabbling at the moment. Hopefully someone with a proven winrate can tell us what they play.