id check?a photo of my face alongside ID card?

• squallofreeves
      squallofreeves
      Bronze
      I sent my id check and have recieved an email requesting me to hold my id card beside my face, take a photo and send it to pokerstrategy. This request sounds pretty wierd and i'm not going to pretend that i'm not a single bit suspicious. Cuz this really sounds like evidence for some kind of prosecution! Have any other members been through this? Can anyone explain what is it for? Besides that, further questions. Well, i blanked out the photo of my face when i send in the document, so is that what pokerstrategy is requesting for? And if i take my photo with my id, i'm afraid the details of my id will not be very clear. Is that ok?
  • 6 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi squallofreeves and welcome to PokerStrategy,

Yes the ID check and additional "holding the ID card" photo is pretty standard nowadays and is there to protect both yourself and PokerStrategy. Once completed you shouldn't have to go though this aspect again.

I can confirm that PokerStrategy.com is a legitimate and highly respected company in the poker industry and will treat your ID and personal data with strict confidence and security. They never give it out to third parties. The safety of members is PokerStrategy's primary concern.

Support team will assess your images shortly and get back to if they require an improved image or anything else. If not then your starting capital should follow on soon after.

Welcome once again to the community and good luck with your poker,

Best regards,

Bart
    • simshi
      simshi
      Bronze
      Yeah, I had to do it myself, so no biggie. After I did it, I got the money almost the next day. Good luck.
    • emanuelnf
      emanuelnf
      Bronze
      i send them back a photo with me and ID...and no replay from them....
      what can i do?
    • Llanlad
      Llanlad
      Basic
      Since when has holding the ID card been pretty standard ?

I have accounts at 30+ sites and ive never been asked such a thing .

The only things ive ever been asked for is my driving license or utility bill etc to be scanned and sent via email.

I thought your requests where a touch too intrusive for what was on offer .. so i therefore declined the offer ..

Im fully aware that you are a legitamate and highly respected company .. but your ID requests seem a bit much IMO ..
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      @emanuelnf: if you already sent in your document(s), please be patient. Our CS will look into it shortly and they will contact you just in case they need further information.

@Llanlad: Most free bankroll sites now require a picture of the user holding his ID card. This is becoming more and more standard these days as a result of rising fraud./abuse... I know it may cause some inconvenience but it's necessary to protect our business.

Regards,
      thunder
    • mrlz777
      mrlz777
      Bronze
      Personally I think that your rules are very weird and stupid... Sorry but they are.

I've just sent my student ID and of course it's not good for you guys...

Support said: "we require official ID card or Passport and also proof of residence to confirm your address."

So you want to say that Student ID is not official? You think everyone can get it?
      You need to study at university to get it. Also you have to pay for it. There is also and international student id's which works everywhere in all world, but PS say that it's not official and it's not good for them?
      I'm shocked..
      I don't understand why Student ID is not good and Driver license or passport is good.

Also what a f.... about that address??
      I entered address to Cake Poker account, so what point enter wrong address if then I won't be able to make deposit because my credit card and CP addresses will be different? ?(