This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl50 Fr 55

• JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Cake Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) - Cake-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($73.95)
      UTG ($62.60)
      UTG+1 ($19.75)
      MP1 ($27.25)
      Hero (MP2) ($50)
      CO ($55.05)
      Button ($51.25)
      SB ($51.80)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 5, 5
      2 folds, MP1 bets $1.75, Hero raises to $5, 4 folds, MP1 calls $3.25

Flop: ($10.75) 8, 10, 8 (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $6, MP1 raises to $16, Hero folds

Total pot: $22.75

Preflop this is something im experimenting with. Im not sure if i can call for set value since his stack is kinda small and he is opening from highjack.

I decide to 3bet him.

On the flop is it ok to bet/fold? I mean i cant get better hands to fold, i cant get worse hands to call. But i dont wanna check behind and fold to his bet without any information and maybe i need to protect against overcards?
  • 2 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      hehe tricky.. it really sucks that he is not a full stack.

If he was a full stack we can push vs his re-raise on the flop since we are repping a major hand.

As played pre-flop you need to think if the other players behind you who are full stack will call if you call. If they do I would never raise this spot but call for set value against the players calling after me.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      call is ok also pf, since you can often also raise other boards if you feel your opponent doesn´t have anything
      b/f is ok play if you think player isn´t making too many moves and can fold some middle pp-s to your c-bet or turn barrel.