Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $8.96
      Hero:
      $11.85

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 5:heart: , 5:club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, SB calls $0.35, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.90) T:diamond: , K:diamond: , Q:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, SB raises to $1.00, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2.40

Here I make cbet even with small pair to protect against flush, straight draws. Is it ok?
  • 3 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      No the board is very unsuitable for the c-bet and you c-bet is too low if you do one.

I would just check behind and give up.
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      I agree with Dragar.. bad flop to cbet.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

First you have to realize that you're almost never betting there for value with your underpair, any hand he can call a bet with either has you completely crushed or is like flipping with you (something like 6d7d, a slight dog at best with a naked Jx tho he probably has a pair to go with it on such board). The only reason you can have to bet that flop would be to just take it down if he has nothing, possibly folding out 66-99 in the process.

In that regard it might be an okay play against a player with ~14/12 stats, since these players will mostly call with small to medium pocket pairs that really can't stand a bet on such a texture and will usually automatically check/fold. Against a 14/7 tho, he's calling way too much preflop so he likely has a ton of broadway hands in his range, enough to make folding out 66-99 not worth the price of the c-bet. I think check/folding is better.

Hope it helps.