[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Fr Aj

• SPeedFANat1c
      Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:spade: , J:heart:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, CO calls $0.40, BU folds, SB raises to $0.70, BB folds, Hero calls $0.30, CO calls $0.30.

Flop: ($2.20) A:diamond: , 9:diamond: , T:diamond: (3 players)
      SB bets $1.20 (All-In), Hero calls $1.20, CO raises to $3.30, Hero folds.

Here I only call hoping that CO will fold, I don't protect agaisnt flushdraw because I don't want to create a big pot.
  • 4 replies
    • Dragar
      I would raise SB on the flop to isolate to like 2.5-3$ and see what CO does then.
      The way you played it you underrepping your hand and CO can raise on weaker Ax since he might put you on the draw.
    • rickydaprince
      I don't think 4betting with AJo is a good idea preflop considering how tight and short stacked SB is. I think folding is probably best.

The flop action shows why calling sucks because you're sandwiched between 2 players.
    • herekPL
      109 hand sample is pretty low but i think SB can squeeze here, and probably his range is much wider than 3B.
      You can't call AJo. If you have reads on SB that he squeeze with wide range i'd think you CAN 4B, but fold also is good idea, probably the best
    • MaestroOfZerg

Folding in spots you have no idea what to do is usually very sound advice for the microstakes, as it prevents you from getting into even trickier spots postflop for a lot of money.

SB seems pretty erratic but still he only has 8% pfr, so he's not really the type of player you usually see 3betting all over the place, i think AJo is not good enough against his 3bet value range when you have no idea what CO will do. Actually you know he's very likely overcall for those odds with any two cards he called you with in the first place, which is very bad for you. I'd just muck.

Hope it helps.